Would you enjoy the opportunity to work for a fast-paced, innovative, high growth company that is changing the world of institutional fixed income trading?
Are you considering roles that allow you to partner with the world's top 100 investor and asset management firms and leading global broker-dealers?
Do you want to be part of a small organisation allowing you to have regular interactions with senior management? Somewhere where you are not just a number?
If your answer to all of the above is "yes" then we invite you to explore our internship programme opportunity as an Operations Analyst.The programme
There is no better way to experience what a career at MarketAxess has to offer than through our eleven-week internship programme. As a 2020 Summer intern with MarketAxess, you will grow your skills through on-the-job training and professional development, including classroom training that will get you quickly up to speed on the Financial Markets generally, and the Credit Markets in particular.
You will participate in a variety of projects working on real business problems. You will be well supported, receiving regular feedback from your manager as well as having a dedicated buddy. Our summer internship programme offers the opportunity to build new professional skills and grow your professional network, as well as providing an in-depth insight into career possibilities at MarketAxess.
This is a full-time paid internship that will begin on 16 June and conclude on 27 August 2020.What type of work can you expect to do?
The Operations Analyst program will be a rotational programme within the MarketAxess Operations function. The rotation will be between our Client and Account Services, Information Services and Regulatory Control teams. You will be dealing with some of the world's largest buy-side and sell-side institutions. In each rotation you will learn the main functions of the groups and how the business is supported through each team. This will include client/dealer on-boarding, supporting end users of our trading system on a day to day basis, data products, Reference Data and how it is used on the platform and post trade processing.
At the end of each rotation, you will have acquired a good understanding of the MarketAxess Trading system and the core systems supporting it. You will understand the big picture and the criticality of the Operational teams' daily duties as well as the need for timeliness when trouble shooting and resolving our client's issues. You will experience first-hand the importance of maintaining high standards of work accuracy and quality.
Following each rotation, you will be asked to offer suggestions for any operational or efficiency improvements you have identified, with a keen eye on automation opportunities.What you'll need
Given the type of work you will be doing we think you should have the following characteristics:
And, in addition:
- Ability to identify opportunities for innovation and change
- Ability to multi-task and think on your feet
- Know your way around Excel and be highly numerate
- Desire to learn and grow in a fast paced, client-focused environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong telephone etiquette
- A self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
What you'll get in return
- You will be a penultimate year student (graduating in 2021)
- Your discipline of study is less important than self-confidence and a positive, can-do attitude
- You should be on track for a 2:1 or better (or equivalent)
- You will have the Right to Work in UK
- Whilst not essential, competence in any additional European languages will be welcomed
- A competitive salary (pro-rated)
- An opportunity to build your knowledge of how the Financial Markets work and the career opportunities they provide
- An opportunity to learn from some of the best and the brightest in the business
- Great offices in the heart of the City of London, with everything you could want at your doorstep
- The chance to join our 2021 graduate programme if you perform well over the summer
At MarketAxess, we are driving a fundamental shift to trade bonds online vs. over the phone-creating a new marketplace that is easier to access, more transparent, and available to participants across the globe. Working at a leading fintech company means being in the moment, exploring new ideas, and meeting clients' ever changing needs. It's exciting to bring tangible innovation to the credit industry as part of a new era in finance.
Formed in 2000, MarketAxess strives to maintain an entrepreneurial culture, where we encourage new ideas and pride ourselves on our ability to execute. Our flat organization offers high visibility across the company. At the crossroad of fixed income trading and technology innovation, MarketAxess offers a unique place to work.
MarketAxess is headquartered in New York with offices in London, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Amsterdam, São Paulo, Singapore, and Hong Kong. MarketAxess is an independent, publicly traded company.
MarketAxess is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity. We are committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed and have a fulfilling career.
Role: Summer Internship - Operations Analyst
Job Type: Internship, Apprenticeship, Full Time
Apply for this job now.