Company: TABULA RASA HEALTHCARE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The purpose of this Post-Graduate Year 2 (PGY2) residency program of Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is to build on accumulated pharmacy education and PGY1 experience to train pharmacy leaders in pharmacogenomics (PGx). After completion of this post-graduate residency, trainees will have the skills to apply PGx to clinical practice and will have acquired the abilities to utilize informatics in the ever-evolving health care environment, including application to clinical decision support (CDS) systems.
- Advocates for the rational and routine use of PGx testing.
- Recommends PGx testing to aid in the process of drug and dosage selection.
- Uses informatics to guide recommendations to perform PGx testing.
- Educates and provides information on the appropriate indications for PGx testing and the clinical application of PGx to health care professionals, patients, and members of the public.
- Coordinates activities of the organization's PGx clinical services.
- Oversees ordering, shipping, and tracking of PGx test kits and results.
- Communicates with PGx laboratories and vendors.
- Manages PGx Medication Safety Reviews (MSRs).
- Provides analyses & reports to leadership, as requested, to monitor and improve clinical services.
- Serves as an expert consultant for the organization's PGx clinical services.
- Provides PGx test results interpretation and clinical guidance to prescribers and patients.
- Makes recommendations to personalize medication therapy based on the patient's PGx profile that also considers the pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties of the drug(s) as well as other patient-specific factors such as comorbidities and other concomitant drugs.
- Establishes and uses standardized processes for performing PGx MSRs, communicating PGx test results to prescribers and patients, and documenting patient-specific results in the electronic health record(s).
- Supports and participates in research, consortia, and networks that guide & accelerate the application of PGx to clinical practice.
- Designs and conducts PGx-based research.
- Develops processes to document improved patient outcomes and economic benefits resulting from clinical application of PGx.
- Actively contributes to the body of knowledge in PGx by publishing articles on the topic in the biomedical literature.
- Supports and participates in PGx-based CDS.
- Develops PGx-specific algorithms & rules for electronic health record systems that guide prescribers and pharmacists on the appropriate use and dosing of medications based on a patient's genomic profile.
- Uses informatics to evaluate the performance of algorithms & rules.
- Provides effective PGx-related education to patients, caregivers, health care professionals, and students.
- Designs effective educational activities for patients and caregivers.
- Develops and plans PGx-specific advanced training opportunities for pharmacists & other health care professionals.
- Precepts Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE) students and PGY1 pharmacy residents.
- Uses effective teaching skills to deliver education.
- Assesses the effectiveness of education.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree obtained.
- Completed a Post-Graduate Year 1 (PGY1) Pharmacy Practice Residency.
- Current Registered Pharmacist (RPh) and active licensure in good standing.
- Degree obtained from an accredited college/school of pharmacy in the United States.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn and develop.
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative manner.
- Respectable interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Above-average written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of pharmacogenomics.
- Above-average understanding of web technology and clinical decision support systems.
- Above-average proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Adapts to a high energy environment.
- Reasonable degree of ownership for projects, a sense of urgency and strong follow-through.
- Reasonable tolerance of ambiguity.
- Decent project management skills; ability to multi-task.
- Semi-independent worker who can effectively manage self-driven projects.
TRHC provides patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize medication regimens. We improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. We deliver our solutions through a comprehensive suite of technology-enabled products and services for medication risk management and risk adjustment.