YOUTH 16+ SUPPORT WORKER / SENIOR SUPPORT WORKER
We have openings for Youth Support Worker and Senior Support Worker positions in our 16+ Supported Living Unit in Sheffield
If you have experience as a Support Worker, Care Assistant, Nursery Assistant or have worked in the NHS, Health Care or in Social Care this position would be well suited to you.
If you are looking for a change in career, we can offer excellent opportunities and full training would be given!
Location: SHEFFIELD, South Yorkshire
Job Types: Full-Time, Part-Time and Zero Hours (the role involves shift work, including working at night, sleep-ins, weekends and bank holidays)
- Support worker to £10.84 p/hr (£22,547.20pa based on 40hrs p/wk)
- Senior-Support Worker to £12.09 (£25,147.20pa based on 40hrs p/wk)
Recognised for our innovative and high-quality services, Progressive Care is a leading National provider of social work services for Children's & Families, Young People and Adults across South Yorkshire, the East & West Midlands and the North West.
We now have attractive and exciting opportunities for a passionate, ambitious and driven individuals to work within young people aged 16+ to support their successful transition to adulthood and independence.
Our services provide excellent high standards of support for Young People. Building on this, we are seeking to appoint experienced and motivated Support Workers / Senior Support Workers to support and drive the service forward.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide targeted support packages for Young People.
- Safeguard Young People through continued assessment, planning and reviews.
- Engage and build professional relationships with Young People
- Support Young People to reach their full potential
- Support and be involved in Young Peoples weekly activities
- Work collaboratively with community resources and advocate for Young People where necessary
The right candidate will:
- Having a Level 3 Children & Young Peoples Workforce Diploma is desirable. However, this is not essential as full training will be provided for successful applicants.
- Having experience working with young people is beneficial. However, we welcome applicants that we feel would have the right aptitude, and life skills to work with young people.
- Have a genuine desire to support others to improve their lives
- Good Literacy and communication skills
- Patience and empathy towards some of the issues and challenges are faced by Young People
- Able to deal with emotional and behavioural difficulties and stay calm under pressure.
- Able to work flexibly, including bank holidays, evenings and weekends
- Enhanced Pay Scales that recognise both qualifications and experience
- A Comprehensive Induction Programme
- Ongoing Development & Support to ensure thorough understanding of the role.
- Full access to an Accredited Training Centre to ensure ongoing and extensive training; resulting in recognised qualifications
- Career Progression is a guarantee for the right candidate
- Continued professional development
- An extremely rewarding and fulfilling job role with great variety
- Paid Mileage
- Long Service Awards
- Blue Light Card Discount Scheme
Because of the nature of its work with children and vulnerable adults Progressive Care uses the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to make checks at an enhanced level on all persons whose work or proposed work will involve regular contact with or working in close proximity to children and vulnerable adults in our care
For further information, please contact us now at #removed# 265