Company: AMELIES FRENCH BAKERY
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The Bistro Line Cooks are responsible for making menu items including sandwiches, soups, and salads according to company recipes and methods and ask directed by the Kitchen Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare ingredients then cooks and assembles dishes as indicated by recipes.
- Maintain cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Follows and fills out prep sheets, temperature logs, and checklists properly.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Tracks and reports any food waste.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Opens and/or closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Cooks only items generated from the restaurant point-of-sale system.
- Performs related duties such as helping to wash dishes as needed, preparing.
- Recycling, cleaning around the restaurant and helping with any other projects as assigned.
- Experience with various cooking methods and procedures
- Familiar with industry best practices
- Self-motivated with a high energy level
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with food handling, safety, and other restaurant guidelines
- Availability to work in shifts during weekends, weeknights, and holidays
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- One to two years of experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook
- Certificate in Culinary Arts preferred
- Ability to stand on your feet for several hours
- Must be able to lift 5o pounds at times
- Ability to place cases, pans, utensils, and plates on both low and high shelves
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and damp environments