A Tractor Trailer Mechanic position is available with a local company for their Buffalo, WV location. The successful candidate will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing medium to heavy-duty trucks and trailers under minimal supervision.
Repairs will include:
- Preventative Maintenance inspections and repairs
- Air and hydraulic brake repairs
- Warranty procedures
- Steering & suspension
- Electrical trouble-shooting
- Air Conditioning
- Other duties as assigned
You must be able to:
- Work under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks
- Perform repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services
- Computers and electronics: knowledge of various diagnostic tools such as laptop computer, multi-meter, scanners and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Perform inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment
- Utilize vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs
- Estimate time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts
- Perform all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs)
- Perform service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Conduct safety checks on vehicles
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
- Review, complete or assign repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a drug test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a road test
- Pass a background and motor vehicle check including drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last three (3) years
- Must have own tools
You must be willing to work 40 to 40+ hours a week on second shift at the Buffalo, WV facility.
Salary will be based upon experience.
Don't miss this great opportunity for a Tractor Trailer Mechanic! Please send your resume to Deanna and call 304-760-1050 for an appointment.
United Talent is a staffing service that has been providing quality temporary and full-time employees to West Virginia businesses for five decades!
We offer our candidates myriad services including resume help, training and placement services, job flexibility, and excellent benefits. We help new moms return to the workforce, college students find summer employment, and candidates looking to change careers, along with many others. When you want to work, we are here for you.
United Talent Staffing offers health coverage, dental and vision insurance, and savings plans. With this program you are free to choose a package that meets your needs. This allows you the flexibility to design the plan that is right for your length of coverage, with both deductible options and rate of payment options. Multiple plans are available with multiple companies.When you work with United Talent, you'll receive all the advantages of a good job without sacrificing any personal needs. We offer opportunities at every employment level and in every industry.
Role: Tractor Trailer Diesel Mechanic - Buffalo, WV
Apply for this job now.