HGV Class 1 Driver (Days or Nights)
Ellesmere Port, Monday - Friday
AVG: £34,965 - £35,708 (£13.50 - £14.50 ph)
About the role
Are you an experienced Class 1 Driver looking for your next opportunity? Are you looking for guaranteed hours and the option to work overtime?
We're looking for a number of HGV drivers that hold a C+E licence to join our team. You'll be undertaking the delivery & collection of product on behalf of Menzies Distribution Solutions Limited and its customers. You'll be providing a first class service with our team in Ellesmere Port. This role is based on a basic 50 hour week working Monday - Friday.
In addition to a minimum salary of £29,900/£32,708 this role has potential overtime earnings of £34,965 for days and £35,708 for nights.
HGV Class 1 Driver Duties:
- General driving duties, observing current legal and best practice delivering and collection to/from our customer's premises or other MDS locations.
- Delivering product on behalf of MDS and their customer
- Use of electronic P.O.D and up to date technology (full training will be given to ensure best practice)
- Assisting with loading and unloading
HGV Class 1 Driver Requirements:
- A full UK C+E licence (essential)
- 12 months previous class 1 driving experience (desirable)
- Excellent driving skills
- No more than 6 points on your licence
- No previous disqualifications (DD,TT,DR,CD,IN)
- 'Right To Work' in the UK
- Good knowledge of drivers hours and WTD regulations
- Modern fleet
- High specification on a 3-year replacement cycle
- Latest Generation trucks
- Cruise Control
- In House Driver CPC training provided
- Full uniform & PPE provided
Healthshield: free cash healthcare scheme for all employees including dependent children;
- Dental, optical, physiotherapy, health screening, 24/7 counselling and more
- Employee perks: discount on trips, hotels, gyms, days out, restaurants, supermarkets and more
- Discount on mobile phone contracts with EE;
- Expanding portfolio of training opportunities and development plans
- Driver of The Year Awards
A little bit about us:
At Menzies Distribution, we have been delivering across the UK since 1833, we can reach areas that other cannot. Today, we are Logistic UK's most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation - we keep moving forwards.
Our customers rely on us to deliver our promises, and we rely on our drivers to ensure each delivery reaches our customers on time, in perfect condition and with a contagious smile.
And, let's not forget, you'll be joining one of the UK's largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the 'extra mile' is at the heart of our company ethos.
Ready to set the wheels in motion? Please feel free to apply directly or get in touch at #removed#
At Menzies Distribution Limited, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working