Jumping on a train that is going full speed ahead might seem impossible. If you join this business, that's exactly what you'll be doing (metaphorically of course).
With aggressive growth plans firmly in the pipeline and major developments spanning across the London region, it is clear why this developer is currently on top. They are now looking for a Client Side Commercial Manager to join their team and improve their reach even further.
What is unique about this business is their approach to adopting a relaxed but professional working environment. They realise that by creating the right atmosphere for their staff, they will have a happier and more productive workforce.
As a business, they have shown an aptitude for investing in their staff through several training and development schemes. As they are moving from success to success, it is clear to us that this is a winning formula.
You will be working on residential developments from £10m - £100m in value. Each project just as exciting as the last which will keep you challenged, fulfilled and interested.
Some of your responsibilities:
- To manage the surveying functions of the commercial department within the Operations Team (South/SW).
- To identify and contribute towards continuous improvement, maximising all opportunities within the procurement process.
- To maintain cost control against original budgets for the surveying operations, reporting as and when required and adapting forecasts when necessary.
- To provide professional expertise to ensure the service delivered meets best practice, statutory, regulatory, tax and audit requirements.
- To proactively contribute to the development, improvement and growth of the commercial team, ensuring that the department and its internal and external customers benefit from the highest standards of service delivery.
- To negotiate, place and monitor contracts and development agreements with main contractors. Manage and maintain the Finishes Specifications for all, unit types and tenures.
- Manage the updating and ongoing upkeep of the scope of works, standard forms, contractor's lists, contacts, templates and payment system.
- Manage the collation of the monthly liabilities, ensuring costs remains within budget as well as forecasting ahead and providing analysis on cost to complete.
- To be responsible for the signing off of orders, invoices and payments and authorising accounts as and when required, ensuring payment in line with contract terms. Negotiate variations and agree final accounts.
- Provide a weekly update to Commercial Operations Director on programme and progress. Contribute to monthly reports and weekly team updates.
You must have:
- Demonstrable/Substantial experience in a Senior Surveying role working for a new build residential developer or Quantity Surveying practice / Consultancy.
- Experience of Managing a team of Surveyors/Buyers
- Understanding of different construction methods
- Experience of dealing and negotiating with multiple contractors and consultants.
- Ability to interpret figures and produce reports.
- Previous experience in Microsoft packages such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook as well as the ability to learn new software
- Ability to interpret legal and regulatory documents in relation to construction and building regulations.
What are you waiting for?
Get in touch with Peter Alleyne on 01442 767 808!
Role: Client Side Commercial Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Central London / West End, South East
Apply for this job now.