PRICING & DATA SCIENCE MANAGER
** Innovative data science led role **
- Managing a small, highly skilled team of Data Scientists
- Opportunity to really stretch and develop advanced predictive analytics skills
- Broad, hands on role; lots of opportunity for skill development
This brand new role sits within the Central Analytics function for a major UK insurer, reporting into the Head of Pricing - a very likeable and grounded manager, who has spent the last 2 years building a small team of Data scientists which will ultimately report into this role.
IMPORTANT - However, we recognise this may not be possible to find, so are open to seeing candidates with a strong statistical education, and in turn experience in pricing analytics, data science and actuarial analysis - combined in some form or variation! Ultimately, you need to be confident in your industry knowledge and ability to lead a small team from the front and help an established business make the step change in using bleeding edge technology and data analysis techniques to optimise their pricing strategies.
You need to demonstrate experience in drawing value from Big Data, and in turn feeding this back into a commercial business in the form of actionable insights; so strong business facing and communication skills are key.
We are ideally looking for someone who has worked as an Actuary in Insurance who has more recently moved into a Data Science role or who has been employing machine learning techniques, so you will need to demonstrate advanced statistical analytical capabilities, as well as knowledge of the insurance and FS industry (inc FCA regulations). This person will be responsible for driving the use of advanced precative analytics and modelling in insurance pricing decisioning, specifically around telemetry data. An exciting opportunity, away from the repetitive BAU responsibilities, focused on innovation in using data science techniques and owning the next phase of growth in predictive analytics for this company.
Technically this role will employ typical pricing optimisation tools such as WTW Radar and Earnix, as well as Big Data technology such as R and Python.
- Educated to at least degree level in a numerate subject
- Proven experience in either mentoring or managing more junior members of staff
- Experience in drawing actionable insights from Big Data sets
- Advanced programming skills using either SAS, R or Python essential
- Experience in building predictive models
- Knowledge of the insurance industry form an actuarial perspective, and a solid understanding of FCA regulations is essential
- Experience in pricing optimization and statistical analytics
- Experience leveraging data science techniques including building machine learning algorithms
- Excellent communication skills in order to liaise with internal stakeholders
POSITION - PRICING & DATA SCIENCE MANAGER
LOCATION - Bristol, SW England
SALARY - £75k - £90k plus bonus & excellent benefits
For further information or to apply please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
For more vacancies which may suit your needs, please visit us at #removed#
Role: PRICING DATA SCIENCE MANAGER
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Bristol, Bristol
Apply for this job now.