Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
Refinitiv is a multibillion US dollars business. It provides critical news, information and analytics, enables transactions and connects communities of trading, investment, financial and corporate professionals. It also provides leading regulatory and risk management solutions to help customers anticipate and manage risk and compliance.
Within the technology function, Technology Operations manages the continuous availability and evolution of Refinitiv internal and customer facing applications and underlying infrastructure. These services process billions of updates per day, millions of web requests from and to hundreds of thousands of financial terminals, tens of thousands feeds, etc. The Technology Operations guaranties the application service availability, their deployment and set-up for Refinitiv. It supports hundreds of services running from about 60, 000 production servers, manages the underlying network and platform infrastructure as much as the applications and ensure that our vendors and third party providers deliver in line with our business expectations. It stores 60,000 Terabytes of data and handles 79 billion market messages per day critical information which must always be available to our customers.
To support our business strategy in more agile and effective ways we are moving to a platform strategy supported by virtual technology. Our Operations need to evolve to operate at scale a business critical platform hosted in virtualized Data centers and cloud environments. We are moving to a lean enterprise DevOps model embracing the cloud and other Data center software driven opportunities supported by strong standard and processes. WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
The Service Management group resides within the Technology Operations function within Refinitiv. It provides operational end-to-end service ownership and support, and manages incident, problem and change management processes. The Service Manager (SM) is accountable for service management throughout the service lifecycle and for providing expert input into incident resolution, problem management and change planning. The Service Manager focuses on the customer experience, ensuring that providers and capabilities meet a greed levels. The Service Manager also champions a culture of continuous service improvement. The Service Manager will be part of a global team which provides 24/7 support for major incidents.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Member of the incident management process, available 24x7 for major incidents.
- Ensure resources are mobilised.
- Drive incident mitigations and be accountable for decisions relating to service recovery.
- Provide clear and timely communication to senior leadership in the event of a major incident.
- Ensure incident reports are clear and concise.
Change and Release Management
- Change risk review and acceptance.
- Knowledge of the forward schedule of change; understand the impact to service and work with teams to drive prioritisation and planning.
- Advise on change best practices, such as risk mitigation, roll back and planning.
- Prioritization of non-functional requirements within product releases.
- Proactively assess trend and risks to identify problem areas.
- Work with virtual teams to drive problem remediation and preventative actions.
- Ensure root cause analysis is performed by appropriate teams.
- Ensure appropriate levels of capacity management (tactical and strategic) are in place.
- Sponsor remediation activities, ensuring momentum is maintained.
- Advise on service operability requirements related to service resilience investment.
- Ensure appropriate availability measures are in place, analyse data and report against targets.
- Provide recommendations and sponsorship of availability improvements.
- Contribute to service policy and governance for standard recovery and technical best practices.
- Planning, testing and execution of regular continuity and resilience tests.
- Validating that design meets business and compliance requirements.
Continuous Service Improvement
- Lead discussions around Continuous Service Improvement.
- Create and maintain a Service Improvement Plan for key services.
- Constantly update and manage a pipeline of CSI activities.
- Provide clear advice to decision makers in technical and business teams on the appropriate course of action to manage service risk.
- Ensure appropriate levels of risk assessment are taking place before key decisions are made.
- Manage the Service Availability Risk Register for assigned services and ensure agreed actions are tracked and focus is maintained to close risks.
Governance and Compliance
- Ensure alignment to technology and security policies.
- Engage in governance process discussions and provide feedback on improvements.
- Report and communicate service performance to business, technology leaders and internal / external customers.
- Write and/or approve customer service statements.
- Manage relationships and performance of one or more third-parties that provide service to Refinitiv.
Knowledge / Education
- Technical and/or business degree with computer science / IT experience / knowledge (not essential)
- ITIL certification, agile development and / or DevOps methodologies
- Other certifications relevant to specialism (e.g. Public Cloud).
We care about benefits too.
- Passionate about improving service to internal and external customers.
- Leadership and the ability to mobilise resources in a matrix environment.
- Able to maintain calm during high-pressure situations.
- Drive pro-active action and thinking.
- Structured and organized.
- Able to grasp complex technical concepts and language.
- Self-driven, willing to ask questions and use information to proactively effect change.
- Able to think through complex issues and propose alternative solutions to problems.
- Firm understanding of the financial services industry and its products.
- Understanding and experience of the various functions within operations and development.
- Customer facing experience or experience within Refinitiv customers.
- Awareness of information security threats and considerations.
- Balancing risk with business requirements.
- Group and targeted communications
We support our colleagues' wellbeing with inclusive benefits. So that's support for physical, financial, mental and environmental health, paid time off to volunteer, consumer discounts & savings and so much more. All of which are tailored to your needs and may vary by location. For more details talk to your recruiter.
Our fast paced and supportive environment is only possible due to determined, autonomous problem solvers who love our high performance culture. And as a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. So we seek hardworking, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Refinitiv makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to request an accommodation. A full list of our office locations and contact information can be found at: Refinitiv Office Locations .
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.
Role: Associate / Application Service Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Nottingham, England, England
Apply for this job now.