The Company and the Role:
The Company and brand are possibly the most talked-about group of Hotels to emerge in recent years, with new and exciting expansion plans this year and next, for its casual and quirky brand of superior elegance in fabulous surroundings.
Seeking enthusiastic permanent full time Pizza Chef with wood oven experience to join their award-winning 5-Star hotel and Rosette standard restaurant located in South Devon.
Passion is key to the Company's success; they want their Chefs to be reliable and consistent, having the same passion for modern British food as the kitchen team.
You will be producing pizzas, flatbreads using fresh ingredients from the kitchen gardens, producing dough, prepping garnishes, and maintaining the cleanliness of the section.
All wood fired ovens are guest facing roles, you must be presentable and confident when interacting with guests and cooking orders.
Key Features of the Role:
As a Pizza Chef you will:
l Responsible for running the wood fired oven when producing pizza's, flatbreads etc.
l Using fresh garden ingredients to come up with creative pizza combinations.
l Work in a busy kitchen team, in a guest facing and guest engaging environment.
l Assist other staff with dough production.
l Prepare ingredients for garnishes, including washing, peeling, and chopping.
l Operate wood fired oven, and other kitchen equipment in a safe and healthy manner.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Previous wood fired oven or similar restaurant Pizza Chef experience, having worked with pizza ovens and fresh food ingredients.
- Able to make your own pizza dough is essential, experience making alternative dough variations is ideal, along with a broad food knowledge.
- Above all you must be a real “foodie” able to serve good, fresh, and local food.
- Practical experience should ideally be supported by some form of catering qualification.
- Consistently preparing, cooking and presenting dishes to the right brand quality standards.
- Worked in guest facing outdoor environment.
- Driving licence and reliable transport essential, no 'live in' option, and the venue is not accessible via public transport.
What is on Offer?
Amazing full-time permanent Pizza Chef opportunity in a creative, fresh 5-Star hotel and Rosette level standard restaurant kitchen.
Basic annual salary for a Pizza Chef is £22K - £23K, judged on interview, trial, and experience.
Tronc (service charges) available on top of basic salary estimated about £2,500pa.
Working 48 hours per week, 5 days a week, mix of shifts, with some weekends off.
Realistic career development and progression if you want it, training, and coaching.
Opportunities to work in France, across the South Coast and on round the world charters as part of the groups Fine-Dining experience packages and celebrity and famous Chef mentoring.
Holiday entitlement 20 days plus all bank and public holidays, rising 1 day each year for 5yrs.
Company pension, meals on duty, uniforms, long service awards, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, Perkbox employee discount scheme, discounts on room rates across the group's hotels and discounted meals and spa days across the group's hotels.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Pizza Chef and have experience of operating a wood fired oven.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and I