The Service Manager is responsible for the day to day functioning of the department. The Manager will drive the profitability and efficiency of the department as well as maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensure availability of products and services by updating contracts, and renewing dealership status
- Track product use and sales, and reconcile inventory
- Prepare quarterly summary report for department
- Purchase stock (whole goods and parts) for the department (store and service)
- Enforce all company policies and procedures within the Service Department
- Provide a safe, clean, and positive environment for employees and customers; ensure the building, vehicles, and equipment is functional and appropriately maintained
- Ensure that facilities meet OSHA standards and comply with government regulations
- Ensure the shop has all materials and tools required for daily operation
- Ensure the staffing needs of the Service department are met by coordinating employee schedules and hiring or firing as needed with the owner’s approval
- Monitor and maintain staff performance by selecting, training, monitoring, coaching, and disciplining employees
- Increase profitability by improving efficiency and driving sales; Study market trends; plan, design, and distribute promotional materials
- Monitor Service Department processes and intervene where necessary to keep productive workflow; move work orders through creation, triage, repair, and completion stages
- Maintain positive customer relations; analyze and respond to the needs of current and potential customers;
- Participate in industry educational and networking events
- Fill for Customer/Service Writer and Mechanic positions if necessary
- Complete other projects or tasks as assigned
Requirements and Skills
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years’ supervisory experience
- Knowledge of small engine power equipment
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships
- Function well under stressful situations
- Knowledge of development and performance management of a team
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexibility in being open to new ideas
Work in an office environment and in service area. May work beyond regular shift hours and on weekends. Exposure to noise, chemical fumes (oil, gas, carburetor cleaner etc.), and working with moving and sharp objects.
Benefits: Eligible for paid time off, medical insurance, paid holidays, and company sponsored wellness option
AA Power Equipment, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AA Power complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
AA Power Equipment, Inc is a family owned and operated business located in Roswell, GA. The company has been in business since January 2005. We repair lawn mowers and other small engine equipment; and sell outdoor lawn equipment, parts and components. We are a growing company that seeks to provide the best customer service experience in the Atlanta area.
Role: Service Manager
Apply for this job now.