Russ Davis Wholesale has a great career opportunity for a full-time Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager in our production facility located in Inver Grove Heights, MN. The Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager must have knowledge and experience in HACCP, FSMA, food safety pre-requisite programs and is responsible for understanding and implementing all applicable food regulations. The FSQA Manager will develop, maintain and verify all food safety policies and procedures are being followed in compliance with Corporate, USDA, FDA and SQF. Qualified individuals will enjoy working in our fast-paced environment and have the ability to effectively communicate technical content in a simplified manner and work closely with other departments. Ideal candidate will have experience working in Ready-to-Heat, Ready-To-Eat, Produce, and/or Commissary settings. Must be certified in HACCP and be a PCQI.
Get Crazy with your career! Join our team and grow with Russ Davis Wholesale!
· 100 % Employee-owned - Great Retirement (ESOP Plan)!
· Excellent Compensation
· Great Benefit Packages – Medical/Dental, Vision Reimbursement, Short & Long-Term Disability, Flex Spending Plans, Employee Assistance Program
· Company Paid Basic Life & AD&D
· Weekly Payroll – Direct Deposit
· Company Paid Holidays
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Manage FSQA Technicians and job structures; prioritize checks and data utilization.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of all corporate Food Safety and quality programs and Supplier Certification requirements.
- Monitor and support facility specific food safety programs including, pest control, chemical control, environmental monitoring program, etc.
- Reviews and maintains food safety and quality documents so as to meet current SQF requirements.
- Establishes and conducts organoleptic and microbiological shelf life studies of finished product.
- Develops, reviews and updates controlled documents and SOP procedures pertinent to quality, food safety and operational activities.
- Works cross functionally in identifying and resolving food safety and quality issues as they present themselves, creating CAPA’s with defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Documents, tracks and trends food safety and quality CAPA’s.
- Act as Food Safety liaison for regulatory, third party auditing and customer inspection during site visits.
- Provides clear verbal instruction and written CAPA’s as the results of an audit if necessary.
- Trains and implements revised or new Food Safety procedures with employees.
- Works collaboratively cross functionally to ensure continued improvement of products that meet or exceed company requirements.
- Creates and implements site specific HACCP program,SSOP’s and SOP’s; validates and assures programs are up to date.
- Develop, review and update Standard Operating Procedures for cGMP’s, calibrations and other processing food safety programs.
- Oversees environmental sampling for Listeria, Salmonella, APC and ATP.
- Manage all pre-operational (Pre-op) and operational sanitation inspection in accordance with regulatory, SQF and company standards.
- Provide technical assistance to sanitation so as to maintain a sanitary environment
- Assures compliance with cGMP’s, and written SOP’s and SSOP’s.
- Manage the product recall program by establishing and implementing traceability and mock recalls
- Ensure the Organic certification program is maintained and up-to-date as appropriate.
- Conduct and lead Food Safety plant inspections, document and assure timely follow-up as needed.
- Create trending of customer complaints, pre-operational inspections to assure appropriate prioritization and program effectiveness.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training programs and presentations in both English and languages specific to facility.
- Promote quality and food safety programs, policies and teamwork
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or similar
- HACCP certified
- PCQI certified
- Certified SQF Practitioner
- At least three years of experience as Food Safety and Quality Assurance Supervisor/Management in a Food Manufacturing/Processing environment
- Excellent analytical thinking skills and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills; ability to write reports, draft standards and policies
- Leadership, communications and team building skills
- Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Quick to learn customized systems
- Must be able to pass background and drug screen.
Join our team today! Qualified candidates should email their resume or apply online.
EEO: Russ Dais Wholesale welcomes diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment and individual opportunity to all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status as protected by federal, state and local government.
Role: Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Inver Grove Heights,
Apply for this job now.