We are seeking an Activities Aide, Part-time, Every Other Weekendto join our team! You will work alongside fellow caregivers to provide high quality patient care.
The Activities Aide is responsible for assisting in creating and implementing an activities program that promotes meaningful life experiences for our residents.
- Documentation-Assessment interview, attendance
- Accompanying residents on outings
- Liaison between the Activity Department and the residents
- Preparation for scheduled activities
- Leading scheduled activities, including exercises, crafts, and games
- Assisting in planning and implementing special events for the whole facility
- Previous experience in nursing, patient care, or other related fields a plus (entry level is fine!)
- Ability to build rapport with patients and comfort with the elderly, including those with dementia
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Familiarity with basic medical terminology
- Clean background check
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
About us: HurlbutTM Care Communities offer the highest quality long-term nursing and short-term rehabilitative care.
Each care community is differentiated by its own name and distinctive personality, while remaining part of the Hurlbut family of care. All Hurlbut Care Communities go beyond the nursing home standard by offering outstanding amenities with all the comforts of home.
Penfield Place is a 48-50 bed facility, with a small staff and atmosphere that feels home-like. Residents and their family members become part of the Penfield Place family both during and after their stay here. The location is close to restaurants and stores, but tucked-away enough to feel serene.
Role: Activities Aide, Part-time, every other weekend
Apply for this job now.