Job Title: Full Stack Software Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
SKIDATA is looking for strong software engineers to join our growing team. We are currently doing business in 35+ countries and expanding. You will be working with the latest tools and designing, developing and rolling out software for our global customers. SKIDATA is committed to developing an environment where you can put your ideas and talents into our new products to benefit our customers all over the world. We strongly encourage face to face interaction with other engineers and there will be an opportunity to travel domestically as well as internationally to share ideas and to work with various teams in the US and abroad.
- In this role, you will be part of a SCRUM team that takes full responsible of SKIDATAs Reporting & BI solutions. The position will appeal to someone who likes to juggle many priorities all at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a strong team atmosphere:
- Designing, and developing reliable and maintainable applications with an emphasis on front end development
- Assume technical responsibility for the assigned software product.
- Mentor and partner with other team members on technical matters.
- Drive all aspects of the product development life cycle from design to delivery as part of a SCRUM team
- Developing new features and functionality using the very latest developer tooling for our customers and applications using QlikSense/JReport, Java (J2EE on Wildfly), HTML5, Angular and Oracle.
- Write unit tests to maintain a high level of automated testing
- Create detailed technical specification and software documentation.
- Participate in effort estimations and support project planning activities.
- Participate in problem analysis and assist in determining software solutions and enhancements
- Provide maintenance break/fix support for existing and future products.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of professional experience with front end development
- Experience in developing of J2EE Applications on Jboss or Wildfly
- Proficient in utilizing agile software practices or working in an agile (SCRUM) environment using:
- scrum software development practices
- automated unit testing
- continuous integration
- code reviews
- version control systems
- Very good knowledge of cloud technologies & applications in the cloud
- Very good knowledge of Oracle as the DBMS and high performance database technologies.
- Knowledge of QlikSense/Tableau/JReport a plus
- Strong communication and relationship building skills (written, interpersonal and presentation).
- A proven track record of technical leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes.
- Ability to quickly isolate and troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Minimum B.S. degree or equivalent in Computer Science.
- Ability to pass Drug Screening
If you are a self-starter who can work independently, but also enjoy contributing to a small team, we'd like to hear from you!
SKIDATA recognizes people as our most valuable asset! Our competitive salary and strong benefits package includes 401k, medical and dental insurance, life insurance, paid sick time and vacation, paid personal time and paid company holidays.
SKIDATA is a member of the group of companies affiliated with the Kudelski Group. To learn more about SKIDATA, Inc. visit: #.
SKIDATA is an equal opportunity employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate in employment and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or age.
SKIDATA Group, headquartered in Salzburg, Austria, is a global leader in access control solutions. Almost 10,000 SKIDATA systems guarantee quick and secure access for people and vehicles in: ski regions, shopping centers, major airports, cities, sport stadiums, fair and amusement parks. The foundation of SKIDATA's success is on the one hand based on the more than 1,200 dedicated and skilled employees and the clear focus on research and development. On the other hand, the company stands for responsibility and sustainability and benefits from the global network of the Swiss Kudelski Group. SKIDATA and its 23 subsidiaries and countless partners are present in more than 95 countries.
Role: Full-Stack Software Engineer
Apply for this job now.