We are currently looking for someone to fill our full-time Purchasing Planner position. As a new team member at Powerstop, you will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing the product planning for the allocated portfolio of SKU’s for which assigned. Ability to balance the goals of inventory targets, forecast accuracy, and safety stock.
The ideal team player will possess a proven work history of supply management. You will have demonstrated Microsoft Excel competency, be detailed oriented with strong analytical skills to deal with complexity and help
resolve long and short positions in product levels.
Required Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years' experience in a purchasing role.
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree or higher preferred).
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel including VLookup.
- Proficient in data manipulation and calculation capability to analyze product levels.
- Very strong analytical skills to resolve long and short positions in inventory.
- Self-directed, demonstrating initiative and able to work independently and/ or with a team.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task with great attention to detail.
- Able to create and administer a task priority list based on company needs.
- Knowledge and experience with SBC, NAV and ASC software systems.
- Typing speed of 60-80 wpm. Ten-key speed between 8,000 - 10,000 KPH.
- Compile data in excel to analyze and forecast sales for replenishment to avoid stock outs.
- Implement and maintain inventory and material management strategies by regular review of levels.
- Conduct root cause analysis for supply chain issues and define corrective action.
- Data entry or upload of purchase orders.
- Calculate costs of orders, compare supplier’s invoices against purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Use Excel VLOOKUP and SUMIF to compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates.
- Prepare or maintain accurate purchasing files, price lists, and delivery reports.
- Track orders from the time of purchase to delivery.
- Contact suppliers to ensure on-time delivery, resolve shortages and other problems.
- Schedule and log delivery appointments.
- Print, copy, distribute, and file packing slips and pro forma invoices.
- Assist with other duties as necessary.
This is a full-time 40 hour per week position. We offer a competitive salary, health, dental & optional life insurance, 401(k), and paid vacation and sick time.
Power Stop Extreme Performance brake rotors and pads introduced in California in 1995 is the problem solver for the toughest brake challenges. We are committed to providing the safest and most effective braking solutions for our customers at an affordable price in territories around the world. Our revolutionary “1-Click Brake Kit,” has taken the stress and guesswork out of selecting the right pad and rotor combination while delivering maximum performance and reliability making Power Stop, LLC the leader in the industry.
Power Stop, LLC operates with a very diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. With respect to all protected classes under federal, state and local law, we consider qualified applicants who meet the specific proficiencies with considerations to any particular job position in our organization. The candidate must also possess a friendly, upbeat personality and a desire to help others succeed.
Role: Purchasing Planner
Location: Bedford Park,
Apply for this job now.