Héroux-Devtek is an international company specialising in the design, development, manufacture, integration, testing and repair and overhaul of landing gear and actuation systems and components for the Aerospace market.
Héroux-Devtek's global reputation for quality and reliability exists thanks to the achievements of its employees, and the business truly believes in providing employees with continuous training and professional development and fosters a strong entrepreneurial culture where each team member has a distinct role to play in the success of our business.
The Role - Manufacturing Engineer
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, as a Manufacturing Engineer you'll undertake an interesting and varied role, that will require you to define, support and continuously improve the manufacturing methods that enable Héroux Devtek's products to be manufactured safely with the highest quality and as efficiently as possible.
Your remit will involve the creation, modification, and maintenance of manufacturing plans and bills of materials for workstreams using the company ERP system, providing manufacturing support with rework instruction and corrective actions, and the design and modification of tooling and fixtures to aid landing gear assembly.
Involvement in continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives will form part of the role as well as leading engineering investigations when required.
Our Requirements - Manufacturing Engineer
- Solid background within engineering
- Machine shop and/or assembly experience within an Aerospace environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Processing and Plating techniques - Chrome, HVOF, Nickel, Zinc Nickel and Cadmium
- Working knowledge of hydraulic actuation systems
- Experience of Infor LN ERP system, or creation of BOMs and planning within another ERP system (e.g. SAP or BAAN)
- Experience of Quality tools and root cause corrective action
- Working knowledge of Solidworks for tool and Fixture design
- Experience of PFMEA activity in manufacturing
- Experience in creation of Risk Assessments
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrable leadership experience
- Strong analytical skills
Although not essential, experience of CATIA and CATIA Composer is desirable.
The Package - Manufacturing Engineer
Héroux-Devtek's global reputation for quality and reliability exists thanks to the achievements of its employees, and the business truly believes in providing employees with continuous training and professional development and fosters a strong entrepreneurial culture where each team member has a distinct role to play in the success of the business.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice healthcare scheme
You'll be employed on a permanent contract, working Monday to Thursday 8am to 4:30pm, and Friday 8am to 1pm, at our manufacturing site in Runcorn.
All applications for this Manufacturing Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.