Prepare and cook to order a variety of foods that require only a short preparation time, according to recipes. May take orders from customers and serve patrons at counters or tables. Grill, cook, and fry foods such as french fries, eggs, and pancakes. Clean food preparation equipment, work areas, and counters or tables.
- Inspects and clean food preparation areas or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensures food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Ensures freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Seasons and cooks food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Observes and tests foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Carves and trims meats for hot or cold service.
- Consults with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Coordinates and supervises work of kitchen staff.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: A few months to one year of related experience
- Valid WA State Food Handler's Card
- May be requested to have WA State Liquor Server Permit
- Pass a Background check
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Work at a fast pace and under pressure
New Bar and Grill located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver WA. We offer a variety of activities to encourage social interaction and the development of lasting friendships and the creation of life long memories.
Role: Short Order Cook
Apply for this job now.