Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside North East London Local Authority to provide them a with a Climate Change Programme Lead to join their team on a Contract Basis!
** Full Time to start ASAP **
Rate - Negotiable dependent upon experience- Please submit CV with rate you require
We are currently looking to recruit to an exciting new role - Climate Change Programme Lead - to plan, develop and deliver the Council's Climate Emergency response. Following London's first independent Climate Emergency Commission, a set of ambitions recommendations were given to the Council in the Commission's Call to Action. The development and delivery of a response to this Call to Action will require systemic change for the organisation and the borough, if we are to reach the 2030 target of net zero-carbon emissions within the borough boundary.
You will provide leadership, management and delivery of the Council's response, and contribute to the direction of the Council. You will build strategic, proactive relationships with senior officers and political members across the Council, as well as external partners and community organisations, to effectively implement the response to the Climate Emergency. You will be responsible for maximising external grant income and investment including revenue creation.
- Experience of work within the climate change field and leading on large scale programmes of work or major projects to deliver effective carbon reduction and behaviour change
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing strategies/action plans with evidence of successful results achieved
- Programme management experience at a senior level
- Leadership experience demonstrating culture and change management.
- Ability to understand, analyse and act upon management information.
- Experience of leading or delivering sustainability, economic, social and environmental wellbeing programmes at a management level and in advising at Committee / Cabinet / Board level
- Proven experience of developing and delivering sustainability, economic, social and environmental wellbeing strategies and policy that support organisational ambitions and policies
- Senior local government experience
- Experience of leading major organisational change management
- Experience of leading a programme board / teams involved in delivering key change projects / programmes in the climate change field
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Khalsa Singh @ Spencer Clarke group - firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers