Are you looking for a Teaching Assistant role supporting pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties?
Do you have experience working with young people with Additional Needs?
The position: Secondary SEMH TA
Salary: Earn GBP60-65 per day
Teaching Personnel are currently working in partnership with a supportive secondary school in the Fishponds area of Bristol who are looking to recruit an empathetic candidate as a SEMH TA. This role is full-time and provides the opportunity to gain experience and training. The role will be supporting and monitoring students' well-being, attendance, and behaviour.
- Diverse and growing academy organisation are looking for proactive new support staff
- The school aspires to creates an engaging and inclusive learning community for staff and students
- Opportunity to advance your career within a motivating environment whilst supporting others
- Accessible transport links near M32/M4, A432 and public transport from Bristol city centre
The ideal candidate:
- Be able to commit to a long-term role
- Be a good listener, with a patient and understanding approach
- Be confident and authoritative managing challenging behaviour
- Remain patient and composed in stressful and heated situations
- Have a respectful and professional manner towards pupils and staff within the school
- Offer practical help and emotional support to children experiencing short or long-term challenges
- Be a strong communicator, liaising with parents, teachers, and SENDCO
- Have a passion for wanting to help young people and supporting their well-being
- Have experience of working within a similar environment or supporting individuals with similar needs and be confident working with young people
- The right to work within the UK
- The ability to provide two references from your most recent employers
- All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid child workforce Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
What Teaching Personnel can offer you:
- Specialist trained consultants - supporting you in finding your ideal role
- Full access to high-quality Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training
- If your friend or colleague works through us for at least five days, you will be entitled to a £50 bonus!
- Supporting your COVID-secure safe return to work
- Competitive rates of pay and rewarding job satisfaction and great work-life balance with school holidays
If you are interested in applying for this role or have any questions, please email your CV to our recruiter Ewan: #removed# or call the friendly Bristol office on 0117 239 1557