We are seeking an experienced Litigator to assist in what will be a busy and varied practice dealing in complex civil litigation.
The ideal candidate should have strong post qualification, or a wealth of vocational, experience in civil litigation and will be required to handle all aspects of their cases from the pre-action stage up to and including appeals, if required. Successful candidates will be able to be proactive in developing and following appropriate litigation strategies both alone and as part of a team.
- Managing a civil litigation caseload from inception to conclusion.
- Reviewing and creating initial case plans by assessing client instructions and carrying out a review of available documentation at the outset of a case to determine suitable strategies to adopt;
- Providing support and guidance to fee earners and legal assistants within the team;
- Liaising with clients in order to advise on case prospects and take proofs of evidence to be used in the case;
- Preparation of documents to include correspondence, pleadings and witness statements;
- Attending court hearings both in person and by telephone;
- Attending case conferences with external counsel, where required;
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls;
- Providing updates to clients by email, letter or phone to ensure they receive up to date and adequate information about the progress of a case, when required;
- Liaising with accounts to ensure funds are allocated to the appropriate accounts in line with the Solicitor Accounts Rules 2011;
- Ensuring compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011.
- Solicitor Qualification or Cilex or Substantial Litigation Experience is a must
- Effective use of Case Management System
- Adherence to SLAs and KPIs
- Efficiently and effectively run your own caseload
- Managing expectations of clients and effectively deal with any complaints that arise as in line with Company policy
- Candidates must litigation experience from commencing proceedings all the way through to trial, including attending CMC's and making applications
- Multi track experience is preferable with Fast Track Litigation experience as a must
- Candidates must have instructed and attended conference with counsel
- Effective communication with individual and business contacts
- Any other duties as required
- Basic Salary Competitive
- 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
- Birthday off
- “Me Time”
- Employee Assistance Programme