Manages the day-to-day responsibilities associated with baking production.
- Observe color of products being baked and adjust oven temperatures, humidity, or fryer accordingly.
- Combine measured ingredients in bowls of mixing, blending, or cooking machinery.
- Measure or weigh flour or other ingredients to prepare batters, doughs, fillings, or icings, using scales.
- Roll, knead, cut, or shape dough to form donuts, danish, or other products.
- Place dough in frying screens, or on sheets and bake in production ovens or in fryer.
- Check the quality of raw materials to ensure that standards and specifications are met.
- Adapt the quantity of ingredients to match the amount of items to be baked.
- Apply glazes, icings, or other toppings to baked goods.
- Check equipment to ensure that it meets health and safety regulations and perform maintenance or cleaning, as necessary.
- Decorate baked goods.
- Monitor time and speed controls for mixing machines so that ingredients will be mixed or cooked according to instructions.
- Ability to read and follow recipes.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be able to adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Creativity in crafting new pastries or flavors
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Service orientation
- Coordination and organization
- Social perceptiveness
Role: Bakers & Decorators
Apply for this job now.