Field Service Manager
The Field Service Manager (FSM) is tasked with providing scheduling support and analysis to management, the teams of installers in the field, and most importantly the customer. As a FSM, you will oversee the day-to-day operations of a Service Technician team while also working closely with customers to provide the highest level of service possible. The primary function and focus of the FSM is to lead and manage the hands-on maintenance and repairs of equipment scheduled and respond to emergency related needs in an efficient and effective manner. The FSM will be responsible to ensure a seamless process of work scheduling and work accomplishment relating to established performance metrics. The FSM will be responsible to administrate and coordinate the necessary planning, organization, direction, and control of resources to meet the operational goals of the company. The FSM will maintain a strong focus on creating a culture of safety, integrity, passion, and intelligence. The FSM is responsible for enhancing the quality of services that are being provided to our customers, in a safe and values driven environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and direct the activities of all service employees within multiple regions
- Manage regional revenue and expense budgets to meet expectations
- Manage with your service team to effectively manage service technicians, day by day, in a manner that maximizes billable hours and maintains safety and good service department morale
- Identify opportunities and effectively schedule a variety of work including service contracts, emergency repairs, and new installations
- Manage and grow an existing customer base ensuring all customers’ needs are met when they expect it and how they expect it
- Manage the selection, hiring, and training of new service employees
- Demonstrate consistent decisiveness and forward progress through tasks at hand
- Able make decisions, keep moving, and adjust
- Work with other departments to identify and solve problems
- Performs consistently under pressure.
- Proven leadership skills and credibility
- Proven ability to resolve conflict and motivate
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring abilities
- Assist in the quoting and billing functions for Field Service jobs.
- Provide guidance and coaching to the Service Engineers and ensure that they, and the business, has the resources to provide an impeccable level of service for its clients.
- Ensuring that all relevant compliance policies and procedures are followed.
- Monitor employees work levels and review work performance.
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel in line with client contracts.
- Conduct inbound and outbound telephone calls to ensure customer satisfaction and high quality. Provide technical troubleshooting to technicians and customers. Share relevant information to technicians and team-members as appropriate.
- Requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, or replacement parts
- Conduct or arrange for worker training in safety, repair, or maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of scheduling management and customer service experience
- Ability to work 40 or more hours per week
- Strong communication skills including the desire to develop and lead teams
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks/projects
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation)
- Answer calls in a professional and pleasant manner
- Proficiency with Field Service Management systems and all Microsoft Programs is a plus
- Knowledge of OSHA Standards
- Professional Manner and Appearance
- Accuracy, Efficient, and Promptness a Must
Role: Field Service Manager
Apply for this job now.