POSITION REPORTS TO: Clinical Director
Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor/ Clinic Director, provides clinical services to clients enrolled in Wellness Center.
VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS: The Therapist will be expected to:
· 100% amount of time will be spent delivering clinical services
· Provide DSM diagnostic assessment and treatment plan and make appropriate recommendations and referrals and document in accordance with regulatory agencies and policy and procedures.
· Implement interventions utilizing Evidence Based Practices
· Participate in (IDT) interdisciplinary treatment team meetings focused on client mental health care.
· Facilitate groups using Evidence Based Practices to assist and empower clients in improving their ability to manage their mental health needs and achieve recovery.
· Consultation/supervision with attending psychiatrist and mental health specialist on best course of treatment recommendations and dispositions.
· Conduct regular collateral follow up with treatment partners as clinically indicated
· Work closely with clients to reach an agreement on formal treatment plan that address mental health co-morbidity treatment, including improving adherence to recommended treatments.
· All other duties as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor and Director.
· Follow policies and procedures as set forth by VIP community services.
· Attend mandatory in-service trainings as required.
· Attend seminars to further professional development.
· LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT Required
· 5 years of providing direct clinical services, preferably in a mental health setting addressing co-occurring disorders.
· Knowledge of chemical dependency.
· Very organized with excellent time management skills required to ensure seamless flow of clients in the clinic, timely submission of documentation and billing related documents.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with staff and colleagues throughout VIP and ability to work as part of a team.
· Ability to verbally express ideas and concepts clearly to others.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
· Excellent written communication skills and ability to maintain charts as per policy and procedures.
· Bilingual, ability to speak Spanish preferred
· Must be eligible for clearance through NYS Central Registry for Child Abuse and NYS Justice Center
VIP has long recognized that for treatment to be successful long term, the drug lifestyle has to be replaced with positive elements — education, health care, mental health care, job training, life skills and work opportunities. VIP’s diverse treatment programs were — and remain – integrated. VIP is dedicated to empowering its clients with the tools they need to become self-sufficient.
Role: Bilingual Licensed Clinical Therapist
Apply for this job now.