Moving and Handling Teaching Assistant - Profound and multiple learning difficulties
We are looking for candidates with experience to start in April 2021
£9.77 - £9.99 (per hour dependent on experience)
Vision are flexible on start date around candidate availability
This role is based within a school setting
£125 refer a friend / colleague bonus scheme
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is a minimum of 3 months relevant experience working with children, young people or adults.
Contract start date: April 2021 - supply role.
Vision for Education are seeking experienced SEND teaching assistants who have experience in supporting profound disabilities and are passionate about supporting pupils in a school setting.
To be successful in this role you will need to be flexible, adaptable, have experience working with learning difficulties from severe to profound. Students often require assistance with personal care and moving throughout the school setting.
You will need to be confident, outgoing and willing to become part of an energetic team. You will be expected to hit the ground running and get immersed in the daily activities such as singing, story telling, art & crafts and sensory activities!
Catering for a variety of SEND including severe and profound learning difficulties, this school takes a sensory approach to supporting students through their learning and development. It is essential that you are able to work as part of a team and embrace the inclusive ethos of the school.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant role you require:
- Experience of moving and handling, hoists, PEG feeding and other SEND related medical needs
- Be available for day to day supply on a part time or full time experience
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff
- Have an enhanced child workforce DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Have Team Teach training or be willing to attend the FREE course held by Vision
- Experience working with Special Educational Needs
- Have previous experience working in a similar setting
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled toFREE