The Assistant Facilities Manager will assist the Senior Manager with the day to day operation of the Hilton regional corporate offices which are located in Watford, close to Watford Junction train station.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
• Deputise when the Senior Manager is away from the office.
• External Security policies and procedures, to include monitoring of the CCTV system for the building, Janus security systems and monitoring aids.
• Assist in the tendering process of contractors for Facilities Management and liaising directly with the main contractors.
• Manage the implementation of BREEAM in use, Building Sustainable measures.
• Reporting into the Light stay on line system - recycling volumes monthly with an online tracker system.
• Companies Health & Safety - Policies and Procedures, Committee meetings and reporting.
• Health and Safety due diligence, looking after & checking the H&S files to ensure all contractual works are met within the company policies drawn up. To include risk assessments, method statements and liability insurances etc.
• Fire warden duties with joint management responsibilities for 95 Team members.
• Fire risk assessments for the building - on an annual basis
• Health and Safety inductions and tours of the building for the new starters (contractors) to the building via the HR department.
• Directly dealing with cleaning, security and landscaping contractors on site and meeting with external contacts.
• Use of the FM 24 system which is a Hilton helpdesk tool to maintain records and ensure PPM (preventative maintenance) is kept to date.
• Dealing directly with the individual responsible for onsite maintenance and Workplace Services, handling of ad hoc jobs and requests to facilitate the needs of the staff.
• Consolidating invoices monthly and passing them for payment.
• Ensuring up to date information is loaded onto the Pitney Bowes Franking - Meter-net system.
• Iron Mountain - monitoring the account and boxes off site, to include maintenance to records and inventory.
• Janus Database (security/access control system)- ensure records are current and door access controls are monitored. Issuing and creating cards for new starters/contractors and charge master cards.
• Looking after daily site printing matters and monitoring the set up and facility.
• Responding to emergency call outs in the absence of the Snr Manager.
Direct Reports: None
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• High school diploma or relevant experience in lieu thereof
• Relevant work experience in a busy services orientated facilities management position.
• Excellent Customer Service skills and experience of working in a customer facing role.
• Experience of working as part of self-delivery team and working with contractors to deliver a service.
• Ability to perform support services to the team in the form of administration and monitoring of performance measures.
• Experience of managing day to day services, maintenance, cleaning, reception, mail, projects, statutory compliance.
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
• Ability to work closely with/manage contractors and 3rd party suppliers on a day to day basis.
• Experience of developing relevant customer relationships
• IOSH certification
• NEBOSH certification
• Demonstrate ability to identify relevant information that will assist in the simplification and production of reporting information.
• Managerial experience
• Contract management experience
• Budget management experience
See descriptionRole: Assistant Facilities Manager Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: Watford, England, EnglandApply for this job now.