NQT or FQT welcome to apply
Teacher of Science
Start: February 2021
Contract: Temporary to Permanent, full time
A South Sheffield school are in search of a highly qualified and motivated staff member that is passionate about ensuring all students feel safe, happy and reach their potential. The school offer a wide curriculum to meet the needs of all students as well as having an established and effective SEN department who support students with additional needs. The cater for all members of the community with an inclusive feel across the school site catering for mainstream, nurture and inclusion.
The successful Science Teacher will have the opportunity to teach across the KS3 and KS4 curriculum. You will liaise with other members of the faculty to plan lessons and schemes of learning, to assess and monitor pupil progress and to ensure that appropriate interventions are implemented as required. You will be joining a vibrant faculty that is characterised by passion for their subject and the support of students and each other.
Ideally you will be:
- A graduate with QTS or a graduate of Science with a genuine desire to train to teach
- An innovative and dedicated (or aspiring) classroom practitioner with a record in raising standards and driving progress or the ability to accomplish that over time
- Able to inspire pupils to go beyond their expectations with a real passion for your subject or have had some experience tutoring as a graduate
- A creative and inventive professional, committed to being a positive role model for children
- Enthusiastic about contributing to the wider life of the school
- Keen to play a key role in the interventions and support given to students who require help
In return, you will receive:
- Enhanced pay scales above the National average
- Accelerated progression for Outstanding teachers
- On site central parking provided
- Entitlement to Staff Benefits package
- Heavily discounted external CPD opportunities
- A laptop for use at home and a classroom fully equipped with interactive whiteboard
- A state-of-the-art school environment with modern, up to date facilities
If you are an NQT, RQT, qualified or aspiring teacher of Science and you think this could be the right opportunity for you, please submit your application ASAP. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check and referencing.
Please note that ALL APPLICANTS MUST LIVE IN AND HAVE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
For more information on this role and others please contach the Sheffield Secondary team on 0114 241 3341