Occupational Health Assistant - Peterlee
Initial 12-month contract, Full Time hours
We have an urgent requirement for an Occupational Health Assistant, to work part of the occupational team under the supervision of the Occupational Health Advisor.
The successful candidate will be responsible for health surveillance clinics including testing spirometry, audiometry, and vision. The role may expand to involve blood pressure monitoring, and urine testing. This role will involve working on your own initiative and may include site visits.
The post holder will be required to provide accurate written, electronic, and verbal reports observing confidentiality at all times.
Daily tasks for the Occupational Health Assistant will include but not limited to:
- Provision of health screening and health surveillance program. Including maintenance of equipment and calibration.
- Recording and maintaining clear, concise medical records, ensuring their safe storage and confidentiality.
- Working within strict protocols and procedures and in line with GDPR 2018.
- Input, store and provide data and information
- Must adhere to Health, Safety, Environment, IT and Quality responsibilities in line with the Companies ISO obligations.
- Always maintain high professional standards.
- Communicate with a range of people on a range of matters.
- Contribute to own personal development and offer suggestions for improving services.
- Act in ways that support equality and value diversity
- Contribute to promoting health and wellbeing.
What we're looking for from you:
- Has HCA experience or similar
- Demonstrates an understanding of the needs of the client and the role of the OHA
- Has experience of client/patient contact
- Be aware of confidentiality at all times
- Professionalism and ability to work towards performance objectives
- Ability to employ simple medical equipment e.g., spirometer
- Accurately perform tests and collate results
- Be aware of normal parameters and who to inform if abnormal
- Ability to work under pressure of heavy workload and deadlines
- Ability to deal tactfully and with empathy with clientele
- Must be able to perform site visits when required
- Ability to effectively communicate collated data to colleagues
- Communicate effectively by telephone, e-mail, and group discussion
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Participate in the care, cleaning, and calibration of equipment
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Basic computer skills
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.