Are you looking for a teaching role where you can make a real difference to those who need it most?
TeacherActive is working with a Specialist School based in Nottinghamshire. They cater for some of the most disadvantaged children and young people aged 11 to 18 years with social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH).
The school are currently recruiting for a Specialist Teacher of Science to implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum whilst contributing to giving our young people the skills to function in society. The post is starting in January and will be full time, 5 days per week on a temp to perm basis.
- To be responsible for development of Science so as to ensure the continued relevance to the needs of students, examining and awarding bodies and the School's ethos.
- To manage a small team, including Learning Support Assistants and Behaviour Mentors of staff through supervision, coaching and mentoring and general HR processes.
- To develop teaching resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies for Science and to support other staff within the curriculum.
- To develop individual learning pathways for every student through long and medium term planning and weekly learning phase plans (key stages 3 & 4).
- Working within a multidisciplinary team of therapists, social workers, external agencies including LAC.
- Promote mutual respect and ensure inclusion for all pupils, preparing them for a life in a diverse society.
- A strong ability to 'see the bigger picture' and demonstrate good understanding of how your work adds to the whole.
The ideal candidate will possess
- Empathy and understanding for children with emotional and behavioural difficulties who may display challenging behaviour due to childhood trauma or mental health. With the ability to form quick and meaningful relationships with each student.
- Outstanding subject knowledge of main curriculum area and secure knowledge of any other you are required to teach
- A full awareness of the current issues relating to the development of teaching Maths & Science at key stages 3 & 4.
- A proven track record of excellent classroom management with a strong commitment to using proactive and therapeutic approaches to support students with their social and emotional growth
To apply for this role you will:
- Be a qualified Teacher of Science with QTS
- Be an outstanding Teacher with experience in SEMH
- Hold a current DBS which is registered with the update service, or at least be prepared to apply for a new one
- Be able to provide references covering the last two years (Work or university based)
- Be eligible to work in the UK
If you would like to apply for this role then please contact Katie on 0115 824 1888 or email an updated CV to #removed#