About the Client:-
The Client is located in Sacramento CA, and provide complete project and product services including engineering design, manufacturing, fabrication, installation, and maintenance, apart from developing custom screens specifically for fish protection that could be used in demanding river environments.
Our Client has successfully protected pumping operations from debris and other contaminants, and provided wildlife protection that meets the requirements of state and federal environmental regulatory agencies. Their achievements were recently recognized by NOAA Fisheries, by receiving the Environmental Stewardship Award for Innovations in Fish Protection.
The Project Engineer will have TWO main responsibilities:
(1) Technical Writing
- Review and collaborate on specifications, site plans & contract documents, and generation of proposals, submittals and technical correspondence throughout projects from procurement to commissioning.
- Design-Build capabilities including full service custom metal fabrication, manufacturing, and installation.
- Designing new or retrofit facilities with full regulatory compliance.
(2) Project Management
- Act as the point of contact and engineering resource from conceptual design, through fabrication and commissioning.
- Exercise civil engineering judgment in evaluation, selection and modification of standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Perform site visits, quality control inspections, and project commissioning.
- Generate proposals for distribution - general contractors for bidding, to clients for design-build projects, and to private entities.
This a long-term position with growth opportunities. The successful candidate will become an integral part of our Client's team, and will be working on projects with state, federal, regulatory and private clients. A Civil Engineer with P.E. license, is preferred.
- General understanding of AutoCAD, electrical control logic, structural analysis and 3D modeling.
- Self-starter - identify what needs to be done on a project without direction.
- To work well independently as the sole civil engineer.
- Work collaboratively with mechanical design, fabrication team, and outside entities (structural engineering, electrical engineering, environmental regulation and permitting).
- Thrives in a relaxed, small business environment.
- Work well with minimal company structure.
- The ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work within budgets, and to deadlines.
Powered by JazzHR