Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, teamwork and giving back.
We looking to augment our Specialized Electronic Trading Infrastructure Group for a Vice President role in a hybrid Application Dev/Infrastructure organisation. The Morgan Stanley electronic and algorithmic trading platform is the core infrastructure behind the success of the Morgan Stanley Equities business and continues to be a primary driver of future growth and success in the industry.
The individual will take responsibility and oversight for lab activities deliveries across a diverse virtual team which requires both force-multiplier team skills and demonstrably high levels of skill in the Low Latency Trading space. They will analyse data, look for patterns and automate activities that can be automated to free up time for other value-add work with our partners.In addition to possessing the exceptionally strong technical skills listed below, the ideal candidate must be able to write clear and concise technical documentations and able to verbally communicate ideas and engage in technical discussions and debates with technical management while still maintaining professionalism. The individual will be a VP in the firm's 'Specialised Electronic Trading Infrastructure' (SETI) team. He or she will spend a lot of time working across groups to identify, onboard, clean, analyse and automate data to offer our team the ability to move faster.
- Strong technical capability in network design (routing & switching) and hands on capability to configure and test network devices in lab environments.
- Strong understanding and practical experience of designing networks and security features such as policy automation, encryption, overlays, VRF, ACL, ISE, 802.1x, MAB, RADIUS etc.
- Extensive experience performance tuning systems including skills in problem analysis, debugging, bottleneck detection, etc.
- Experience in Linux Systems.
- Must be capable of demonstrating high levels of proficiency from the command line.
- Financial services experience, preferably within the Capital Markets business area.
- Experience with major equity markets incl. Co-Location offerings.
- Can work independently without day-to-day direction
- Programs to automate stuff away
- Desire to learn and adapt to new technology
- Ability to prioritise along with good time management skills
- Sense of ownership/accountability
- Acts Regionally, Works Globally
- Demonstrated Self-Growth outside the office
- Open source contributions a bonus\n\nBonus Points
- Trading System Application Configuration / Deployment / Management Experience
- Familiarity with MIT Kerberos application within enterprise Linux environments as well as IPtables
- Detailed experience working with Unicast and Multicast network protocols and routing metro and regional FC networks.
- Familiarity with time synchronization methods capable of achieving international financial standards
- Familiarity or experience with the following technologies a strong advantage: Cisco IOS/NXOS, Arista EOS, FPGA, NICs - Solarflare, Mellanox, ExaBlaze ExaNIC adapters
- Firewalls - Fortinet firewall management
- Corvil network analytics package, Altera based FPGA using OpenCL or native programming
- Network capture appliances (Corvil, Endace, nPulse), optical taps, Wireshark
- Bachelor's Degree in any software or hardware engineering discipline
- Outstanding attention to detail and communication skills
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.
Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees