Trainee Driver Academy
Location: Britannia Road, Waltham Cross, EN8 7RQ
Working Hours: Average of 48 hours per week
Shift Pattern: 5 days over 7
Starting Salary: £24,000
Our client's Trainee Driver Academy (TDA) is a platform for any current employees or prospective employees possessing an excellent work history and great work ethic, who would like to join their distribution team and start the journey to becoming a professional LGV Driver.
Who is it for?
This would suit a candidate who is looking to change direction and begin a career path in Transport, and to gain their LGV professional qualification.
This is a fantastic opportunity to springboard your career into professional driving with a successful growing business. All of their current Distribution Team Leaders have progressed from driving roles with them so career opportunities with our client are unlimited!
How does it work?
- Starting Salary £24,000 per annum
- Contracted as Driver Trainee during 6 month probationary period
- Aim to pass Class 2 licence in 12 - 14 weeks (Dependant on test bookings)
- Once Class 2 licence is received trainee driver will be assessed on 7.5t vehicle and if upgraded salary will be increase to £28,500.
- On completion of 6 month probation trainee driver will be assessed on Class 2 vehicle and if upgraded salary will increase to £33,000
- CPC training is covered as part of Class 2 qualification
The Trainee Driver Academy will provide the foundation, knowledge and experience for obtaining a Class 2 license.
Trainees will be required to demonstrate an aptitude and understanding of both driving and theory skills which will culminate in them achieving their Cat C license.
Subjects covered to pass Licence Acquisition:
- Theory based training test
- Hazard perception training test
- Cat C practical training test
- CPC module 2 and 4
Additional subjects include:
- Customer Service
- Regulation and legislation governing working time, medical and license requirements
- Planning route preparation
- Vehicle preparation, Safety checks, Defect reporting
- Safe controlled, fuel efficient driving techniques
- Permanent Contract
- Cash Introductory Scheme
- 28 days paid annual leave (increased with length of service up to 33 days)
- Enrolment in to Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Access to discounts and savings through their Retail Rewards portal
- Free onsite parking
- Direct access to loans and savings plans with NLCU
- Long service award
- Baby boxes
- Loyalty sick pay
- Day of for moving home
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.