Perform PM/Overhaul activities. Follow and update PM/Overhaul schedules for molds. Perform repairs and improvements to molds. Modify molds for Engineering changes and improvements. Colaborate with other departments on Kaizen activities. Diagnose and troubleshoot mold related problems. Keep constant communication with supervisor, team members and internal customer..
- Supports production by building or repairing plastic injection molds.
- Repair jigs, fixtures, custom machine components, maintenance and modification of existing pattern tooling
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis and testing of molding tool and die by using actual parts and drawings.
- Follow standard work process to ensure best practice following schedule and quality requirements.
- Operate manual tool room equipment. Sets up equipment by studying mold components, materials, tolerances, and machine capabilities
- Update all information for the mold maintenance daily log.
- Assist in setting up expense and capital budgets for department.
- Knowledge of good mold maintenance practices and procedures (preventive maintenance, repair, overhauls).
- Min. 5 years experience in mold shop environment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to work overtime
- Knowledge of use of precision measuring instruments
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and metrology.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel to work on molds
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- May work with all tools/equipment available at mold shop.
- Daily use of overhead cranes.
- Daily exposure to mold cleaning solutions, grease.
- Daily work in mold shop as well as injection molding environment.
- Work environment may include but not be limited to paint and assembly departments.
- Required use of PPE (steel toe shoes, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, etc..)
- Use of equipment found in mold shop including but not limited to surface grinders, welding equipment, band saw, etc.
Role: Mold Technician (Day and Night Shift)
Location: San Antonio,
Apply for this job now.