COMPANY: PEOPLE FIRST RECRUITMENT
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £40,000 per annum
Please follow us on WeChat: teamchinapf and pfteamchina
Your New Job Title: Mandarin speaking Banking Operations Officer-Trade Finance
The Skills you'll use each day: Mandarin and English fluent, Solid trade finance experience in Banking including Trade Finance transaction processing of typical trade finance products.
Your New Salary: £40K
Who you'll be working for:
Our client is a well-established and fast expanding bank.
What you'll be doing each day:
A general banking operations officer covering multiple products and operational processes specifically around trade finance products but willing to cross train in other products specifically corporate lending products. The processing of transactions from initiation through to settlement including data entry and payment processing. The screening of transactions and the parties involved in line with the internal Compliance policy and assisting Compliance with the transaction monitoring program.
- Emphasis and primary responsibility for support and cover for transaction flow and data entry for trade finance operations.
- Support and cover for Trade Finance middle office including the screening of transactions and the relevant parties in line with the JMLSG guidelines
- Identifying potential red flags when reviewing trade finance transactions
- Generate the relevant MT7xx series messages
- Support and cover for transaction flow and data entry (for non STP traffic) for international and domestic payments
- Project deployment support as necessary e.g. system UAT
- Support to maintain and review processes and procedures
- Support with the loan admin function for both syndicated and bilateral loans
- Assist Compliance with the transaction monitoring program
- Delivery of related MI reporting
- Ensure all information is maintained in accordance with the Data Protection policy
The skills you need to succeed:
Suit an all-rounder with an exposure to as broad a range of products and processes as possible.
- Experience in Trade Finance products within banking
- Hands on experience of operational processes, critical
- Mandarin and English Fluent-Written and Spoken
- Understanding of regulatory impact on all operational processes.
- Must be competent on MS Office 2010 and SWIFT specifically MT7xx series messages
- Good communication skills - numerate; articulate; able to work to tight timelines under pressure; able to prioritise
- Ability to work without supervision beyond that provided in cross training and on the job initiation;
- Willing to contribute to any task that assists the continuing foundation of the Bank including but not limited to project management
- Willing assist in other areas within the team to help provide cover and support
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
Role: Mandarin spkg Banking Operations Officer-Trade Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, London
Apply for this job now.