Staff or Contract
Our Client has a requirement for a Site Supervisor, who will be required to work on a Staff or Contract basis in the North West.
A number of construction projects and packages of construction works are being delivered in the North West of England. Site Supervision services are required to support the delivery of a number of these projects and packages during the design, construction and defects stages. These contracts are to be let under the Client Support Framework (CSF) and will be compliant with the overarching terms and conditions of this framework.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Generally, the services shall include the review of design proposals; supporting the construction team to monitor site set-up works and site clearance works; undertaking inspections of construction works and site reinstatements; monitoring any surveys or other high risk environmental operations to ensure compliance with the Environmental Action Plan (EAP); and monitoring any H&S sensitive operations taking place on site.
- Proactive liaison and communication skills (verbal, written and graphic) to communicate with all members of the project team and stakeholders in a professional manner that positively represents the Environment Agency.
- Attend monthly progress meetings to report on progress and issues.
- Attend monthly risk register reviews and implement any resulting actions regards compliance with the contracted Scope.
- Undertake monthly audits of the site(s) in advance of progress meetings recording audit details, including progress photos.
- Provide input to quarterly performance assessment of suppliers, then subsequent help with the implementation of corrective actions arising.
- In the event of a non-conformance with the contracted Scope notify a defect to the Contractor for corrective action within the timeframe identified in the Contract. Details of the non-conformance, action required, correction timeframe and subsequent completion must be incorporated into a Defects Correction Schedule maintained by the Consultant.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive Schedule of Defects, to be used in conjunction with the Contractor, ECC Project Manager and / or Client to ensure contracted Scope compliance.
- Work with the Client appointed Environmental Clerk of Works (ECOW) and ensure that the Contractor adheres to all associated environmental legislation and the Client's environmental policies and SHEW guidance standards. The Consultant will be responsible for escorting the ECOW safely around the site and explaining the ongoing activities during their monthly site inspections.
- Maintain a Weekly Site Record of construction activities and associated environmental matters, recording construction related issues/non-conformances, actions taken, and contracted Scope changes. Monitoring shall include inspecting the whole of the working area and non-highway site access routes.
- Maintain a comprehensive file of all records kept, incorporating site diaries, visit reports, photographic records, monthly updates, incident reports, correction notices and contracted Scope changes. This file shall be passed to the Client on completion of the project and is a condition of Completion.
- Review current delivery programmes and method statements as required by the ECC Project Manager and / or Client and advise on the implications of any contracted Scope change.
- Advise the construction team where alternative construction methods or ways or working could potentially mitigate risks during construction or bring efficiency to the scheme.
- Seek to identify areas where