Tilney Smith & Williamson's personal wealth management services include financial planning, investment management and advice, online execution-only investing and personal tax advice. For businesses, its range of services include assurance and accounting, business tax advice, employee benefits, forensic advice, fund administration, recovery and restructuring, as well as corporate finance and transaction services.
Our London office, based in the City, provides leading edge advice to private clients, professional practices, mid to large corporates and non-profit organisations. From the London office we provide the full range of our services: audit, financial due diligence, valuations, business advisory services, corporate finance, corporate recovery, corporate tax, forensic services and litigation support, investment management, pensions and financial planning and advice on personal tax and trusts.
Whether you're looking to relocate or work from home, with our new smart working policy you can be based from your office space at home and/or at one of our office locations across the UK&I.
Assurance & Business Services
We provide a range of services including external and internal audit, finance due diligence, valuations, management accounts and payroll services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and startups to substantial international groups. Our client portfolio includes businesses from a variety of different industry sectors, across both private and AIM listed companies.
To plan, perform and complete the audit process for each assignment.
- Regular discussions with the client to confirm progress, identify solutions to any hurdles and ensure reasonable expectations are met.
- Establish relationship with key contacts at the client.
- Identify and highlight any opportunities for S&W apparent from work undertaken.
- Assist and perform training of junior staff.
- Plan, assign, monitor and review work of junior staff.
- Complete assessment forms of audit team.
- Monitor adherence to budget.
- Assist with the planning of audits and accounting assignments.
- Perform work in accordance with S&W audit and assignment procedures.
- Ensure all areas of the work are completed with any exceptions to this being agreed with the manager.
- Prepare draft accounts/report and completion memo (including identification of control weaknesses or areas of improvement) for review by manager.
- Understand and appreciate key commercial aspects of the clients business.
- Provide regular progress reports to the manager.
- Identify and discuss with manager issues/problems and agree and complete appropriate actions.
- Ensure deadlines met.
- Be able to work on several different assignments at one time.
- Attendance on courses.
- Technical reading.
- Attend client meetings
- Judgement: be able to take a situation and reach a suitable conclusion based on information available.
- Planning and organising: demonstrable ab