Our client a leading FMCG organization is seeking an Area Sales Manager to join their team in Limpopo. Our client is a well established organization that offeres growth and stabilty.
Responsible for managing the Area's resources and executing the strategic efforts ensuring that our clients products and services effectively reach the Area's consumers through the direct selling
channel. The individual is the link between the National Sales Manager and the Consultant and has
the responsibility of communicating both upward and downward while continuously motivating the
Distributors, Managers and Consultants to service the customers within the market.
- Reaching sales performance objectives of the Area through:
- Prospecting, recruiting, appointing and training a sufficient number of Consultants per Month to achieve Consultant Count, Active Consultant and Sales growth as per their forecast.
- Training and motivating Consultants to ensure sales and customer service growth.
- Analysing Area opportunities and developing action plans. The plans should evaluate:
- Market opportunities;
- Consultant potential;
- Manager Potential;
- Customer potential;
- Alternate support; ( Stand-In Area Manager as and when required)
- Area expenses
- Development and growth of the Distributor Base and Manager Base.
- Implementing the Area strategies to achieve the sales objectives while maximizing penetration of the entire Area.
- Implementing business plans and key objectives to achieve financial returns, including:
- Consultant Count (Recruits + Retention)
- Active Consultants
- Expense budget
- Effectively managing the Area's Consultants, Distributors and Managers and therefore ensuring the Area's customers are serviced appropriately through the:
- Training and development of Distributors, Managers and Consultants differentially, based upon their sales potential, to achieve maximum sales growth.
- Establishment of a loyal organisation of Distributors, Managers and Consultants, who are committed to increasing customer service.
- Acting as a role model supporting the development of Consultants, Distributors and Managers.
- Ensuring that existing resources (human and financial) are managed appropriately to optimize performance within the Area.
- Conducting one planning day per Month, which focuses on identifying, scheduling and implementing appropriate plans/tactics, targeted to achieve objectives as agreed upon with the National Sales Manager.
- Contributing to the Company's sales through:
- Achievement of annual sales Plan goals.
- Achievement of Monthly objectives.
- Seeking and exploiting marketing opportunities.
- Maintenance of the Distributor and Manager structure capable of supporting the Area's business.
- Effectively planning resources through the planning day and Monthly planning process.
- Maintaining accurate records of Distributors, Managers and of Consultant sales performance.
- Contributing to the Company's success by developing a competitive awareness within the Area and among the Area's Distributors, Managers and Consultants and reporting competitive activity when appropriate.