Responsibilities• Work directly with application teams/partners to understand their offerings/domain and help them become successful with data so they can run controlled experiments (a/b testing).
• Leverage your statistical and computational knowledge to build algorithms for calculating variances.
• Understand the data generated by experiments, and producing actionable, trustworthy conclusions from them.
Handle large amounts of data using various tools, including your own. We prefer C#, Python and SQL but are open to all OO programming languages.
• Build data manipulation, data processing, and data visualization tools and share these tools company wide.
• Apply data analysis, data mining and data processing to present data clearly and develop experiments (ab testing)
• Ensure high-quality data and understand how data is generated out experimental design and how these experiments can produce actionable, trustworthy conclusions.
• Work with development team to build tools for data logging and repeatable data tasks to accelerate and automate data scientist duties.
• 3+ years of experience working with large data sets or doing large scale quantitative analysis
• 5+ years of professional experience.
• Expert SQL scripting required.
• Strong coding abilities. Preference towards knowledge of one of the following open source languages: Scala, Java, C++ or C#. We use Python and C#.
• Experience working with Hadoop, Pig/Hive, Spark, MapReduce
• Experience manipulating large data sets through statistical software (ex. R, SAS) or other methods.
• Ability to drive projects.
• Fundamental understanding of statistics - hypothesis testing (t-test, p-values), confidence intervals, regression, classification, and optimization.
• Strong algorithmic problem-solving skills.
• Superior verbal, visual and written communication skills to educate and work with cross functional teams on controlled experiments.
• A willingness to learn, share, and improve.
• Experimentation design or A/B testing experience is preferred.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field. PhD preferred.
Role: Data Scientist AI & Machine Learning
Apply for this job now.