Company: CREATIVE FINANCIAL STAFFING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Responsible for the accounting and finance function of the US Business Unit. This role will oversee the Finance team for the US Sales and Operations business units and will report to the Sr. Director of Finance - Americas with a strong dotted line to the US General Manager. This role will be responsible for developing annual financial plans and reporting of financial results for the U.S. business. This individual will demonstrate the ability to work cross functionally with Sales, Supply Chain and Product Development and be a key business partner to driving the growth of the U.S. business. This role will require a strong understanding of US GAAP and the application in a complex business environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops the Long Range Strategic Plan in partnership with the U.S. team.
- Partners with the US GM and the entire leadership team to regularly analyze business fundamentals, and recommend interventions to drive growth across the US business.
- Regularly interact with Senior Leadership to report-out on the state of the business, and work through business interventions to drive profitable growth.
- Plays a lead role of coordinating with the NPD teams on all new product initiatives, to ensure they are optimizing plans and programs for the business.
- Reviews monthly budgets for the business to ensure compliance with the regional plan; works cross functionally with department heads regarding the budget on a monthly basis - implementing intervention steps as warranted.
- Develop, review, and approve sales programs and sales terms for the U.S. customers which include payment terms, sales allowances and discounts, rebate programs, and freight terms on shipments, etc.
- Reviews commission programs to further enhance long-range goals - partner with sales to continually analyze business results, recommending changes when necessary.
- Reviews and approves the overall marketing plan and other key expenditures for the U.S. business; signs off on all expenditures
- Assists in development of margin enhancement programs through focus on higher margin products and potential pricing adjustments.
- Oversees process for approval of credit memos for all U.S. customers.
- Works with the Sales Planning team to create and review the demand plan.
- Reviews and helps manage inventory levels and key metrics for inventory.
- Works closely with Corporate Finance and Accounting on closing of monthly regional accounts; leads discussion of monthly financial report and commentary regarding financial results.
- Reviews and reports on headcount.
- Prepares and presents monthly financial reports and analyses to executive leadership.
- Develops customer level P&Ls.
- Hires, manages, motivates and develops staff to become effective team members within the department; prepares and conducts performance reviews; assists in the development of employee performance goals and standards.