Support Workers (Drivers/Own Transport Required)
Salary: £8.72 Per Hour
Location: St Helens Area, WA10 3TP
Normal Hours - Our client is extremely flexible with shifts between 07:00 and 22:00 Monday to Sunday (Working alternative weekends). Both Part time, Full time, Weekend and Evening hours are available.
Areas on offer for this role are Billinge, Garswood, Moss bank, Haresfinch, Eccleston and West Park.
Care Assistants (Drivers) Benefits:
- 28 days holiday per year pro-rata (rising to 30 days per year with length of service), plus 8 bank holidays
- Development training to help you widen your career prospects in the group
- Sick pay
- Travel Time
- A leading contributory pension
- Employee counselling and support
- A range of employee flexible policies
The Care Assistants (Drivers) role:
If you want to work in a fast paced environment, with others who are full of passion and are extraordinarily caring individuals who ensure a professional yet personal approach to caring for our valued service users - then this is the Care Agency for you.
They ensure that the service users have the comfort and enjoyment of staying in their own homes and are able to be as self-sufficient as possible.
Duties of the Care Assistants (Drivers) include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting our clients, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, housework and all other aspects of daily living.
- Preparing meals
- Prompting Medication
- Assisting with personal hygiene
- Waking nights
- Read and adhere to Care Plans for each individual Client.
- Work in a person-centred way at all times
- Continual professional development with annual refresher training and working towards your Care Certificate
Requirements of the Care Assistants (Drivers):
- The Ideal candidate MUST have their own transport and a Full UK Driver's License.
- A full DBS check - don't worry they'll do this for you
- Full training is provided as well as enrolment on the next level of your Care Certificate.
- A passion to work with people in their own homes
- An enthusiasm for caring, good work ethics and a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent written and report writing skills
- Experience of working in a team, but is confident in lone working
Considering the situation around COVID-19 Hand in Hand Homecare has made sure we have all government up to date risk assessments and guidelines in place so that we can still work in a safe and reassuring environment whilst protecting all our employees and service users as their safety is paramount.
If you feel that you may be suitable for this Care Assistants (Drivers) role then please apply now!