Company: HAYS HUMAN RESOURCES
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £40000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
Reward Specialist - 6 month contract
Your new company
An organisation based in Glasgow now requires an experience Rewards Specialist to join their wider HR team on an initial 6 month project basis.
Your new role
This role provides advice in the reward and benefits field, working with the HR Strategic Business Partner and Head of Business Partnering to develop and implement a reward strategy to address transformation workforce reform and create a better employee experience. It is an exciting time for the business with a range of improvement measures being developed to better support employees.
This is a key role delivering our priorities by being accountable for leading and owning this discrete project. This involves pro-active and high-quality contributions to ensure our team works effectively and delivers desired outcomes.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Support the development and delivery of a reward strategy for the business, challenging existing practice and recommending changes in approach where this will ensure that we are able to attract, retain and motivate staff with the key skills to deliver on our objectives.
- Building effective relationships (working closely with the Strategic Workforce Insights Analyst) gathering and presenting data sets into accessible formats that are easily understood by all stakeholder groups - ensuring the right conversations and decisions take place on pay, reward strategy and reform.
- Develop, design and implement business evidence based, strategic approach to pay and wider reward packages.
- Part of the reward strategy work will involve changes to the pay and grading system, so familiarity with a range of grading options will be required to support and lead the discussion on options and best practice.
- Support the HR Business Partnering team to manage the pay remit process, including definitions of funding, preparation of submissions to the business Board and HM Treasury, negotiation with the TUs, and implementation of the pay award.
- Provide guidance across the range of pay policies on and development of new policies and guidance as part of the reward strategy work. Build and maintain relationships:
- Maintain a deep network across the business (and other departments) to ensure policy and practices support the business delivery objectives.
- Deliver a valued and positive experience that meet users' needs - to ensure key improvements are delivered at pace Role model the business's values through your ways of working through dedication, integrity and determination, in particular through being open and inclusive
What you'll need to succeed
- Evidence of collaboration, coordination and excellent communication skills/relationship builder and team player Excellent communication skills in person and in writing
- Experience of designing and benchmarking reward policies related to business need
- A flexible approach and the ability to work well within and across teams
- The ability to proactively prioritise, plan and schedule complex tasks and demonstrate problem solving skills
- Experience of project and change management
- CIPD qualified or equivalent knowledge and experience
What you'll get in return
An excellent rate of pay, working form home, flexible working, pension, and a range of additional benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Role: Reward Specialist up to £42k DOE
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Glasgow Edinburgh,
Apply for this job now.