We are looking for an experienced Service Engineer to support our Service department. This position will be based out of our Johnstown, Ohio manufacturing headquarters. A successful candidate must be able to do the following:
· Perform onsite customer training for all series of Apeks Systems
· Perform module installations at customer’s site which includes running flexible compressed air lines, mechanical work and re-programming of controller
· Perform onsite customer service calls that can include diaphragm(s) replacement, oil changes, troubleshooting system issues, etc…
· Handle incoming service calls of existing customers which can include troubleshooting, parts identification and warranty items
· Troubleshoot electrical circuits using digital multimeter and ammeter
· Troubleshoot machine operation using Process and Instrumentation Diagram, and programming software
· Identify components in electrical schematics, to include DC power supplies, pressure transducers, fuses, circuit breakers, motor starters, relays, and thermocouples
· Connect pc to PLC and download or upload programs using Rockwell software (RSLinx, Studio 5000, Connected Components Workbench with USB and/or Ethernet IP).
· Troubleshoot Allen Bradley PF500 series drives
· Install or replace AC induction motors up to 15HP, including alignment and belt tension on belt drive system
· Work independently or as a member of a team to solve problems
· Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of power transmission systems (RPM/sheave diameters/belt sizes/QD bushings)
· Work directly with customers while representing Apeks in a professional manner
· Travel when necessary. Up to 50 - 75% of the time
· Excellent safety record
In addition, the ideal Service Engineer would have the following:
· Experience with pumps, specifically of a packed plunger or diaphragm compressor design
· Knowledge of National Electric Code
· At least 3 yrs. experience in a skilled trades environment
· HVAC (because our systems work similarly to an AC system)
· Compression fitting knowledge/experience (i.e. Swagelok)
· Tube bending experience
· College degree, preferably in an engineering field.
· Must pass background check and drug test.
· 5 yr. experience in a service related position.
· Willingness to work overtime as needed
· Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel/rent cars
· At least 21 years of age
Role: Service Engineer
Apply for this job now.