Otto James Consulting is supporting a Manchester based organisation in their search for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to add value to the Sales, Pricing and Costings team’s, while supporting the Head of Finance in the development of the team, and organisational growth through target acquisition. This growth is not limited to the UK, so a keen interest in international development could be a district advantage for applicants.
My client has a tangible track record of continual expansion and growth, which has been realised through a heavy reliance on Accounting Talent! This has seen my client swallow competition and they thrive on securing contracts through efficient and effective price positioning.
Finance is a key commercial part of the organisation, and we see this position entrenched in Sales and Pricing teams. Applicants must be prepared to business partner and project visibility through out the organisation. The Role
The role of Financial Planning & Analysis Manager is seen as a true hands on, business partnering role and has come about following business growth which has increased the need for additional bandwidth within the team, and therefore a new position managing them.
The successful Qualified Financial Planning & Analysis Manager with a strong Finance Business Partner skill set will hold a pivotal role within the business and increase the control measures around budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
You will have exposure to the wider finance and none-finance functions, ensuring that all variables from internal and external operations are taken into account.
Key aspects to your role will include but not limited to:
- Comprehensive management reporting & analysis
- performance measurement on performance & efficiencies,
- Profitability & Pricing Analysis
- Market analysis
- Establish, create & maintain appropriate processes/systems to ensure effective financial and business controls
Engaging with the organisations leadership team throughout the organisation, to help drive finances exposure is the largest aspect to this role. Yours skills as an accounting professional and a commercial manager will be utilised to show internal clients that you can add value and support them in the organisational grown. Your Profile
My client is happy to see qualified applicants from all arena’s, as they have seen the benefits and challenges that each industry provides on the journey to developing a commercial finance team.
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Excellent FP&A skillset
- Effective communication stills and examples of cross discipline engagement
- Management of people (2 direct reports), is not a key requirement, and my client is happy to see newly qualified applicants with desire drive and determination, with the skills and maturity for development.