We are seeking a Medical Surgical Registered Nurse to join our team! You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of assigned patients.
Shift: 12 hour shifts- 3 days a week
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications.
- Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse
- Educates patients on surgical procedures
- Records patients’ medical information and vital signs
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records electronic displays
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology
- Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and post-surgery patients
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician.
- Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol
- Participates in discharge planning ƒ Utilizes time management skills
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Healthcare Staffing Professionals, Inc. (HSP) is a leading edge Staffing and Recruiting Firm that provides Healthcare professionals to our many clients in the State of CA and Nationwide. Established in 2006 HSP has continued to expand and improve how we serve the needs of our valued clients. We are constantly striving to add energetic, talented, customer service oriented and performance driven members to our team.
Role: Registered Nurse- Med/Surg- Get $694-$700 Per Shift!
Apply for this job now.