TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
TSTC Culinary Arts Instructor is able to teach all essential skill levels and theories of culinary arts, prepare and give thorough lesson plans in both lab and lecture settings, demonstrate live culinary skills, and communicate professionalism and work ethic to a student body. Further, the TSTC Culinary Arts Instructor will represent the department and college in an upstanding and professional manner.
- Teach standard culinary arts courses as a full time instructor load under the TSTC System guidelines with the willingness to teach overload, nights, and weekends upon request.
- Be willing and able to work a flexible work schedule; including nights and weekends
- Must have experience in meat, poultry and seafood fabrication
- Skills in baking and pastry production
- Knowledge of International culinary arts production
- Organize and present prepared instructional materials in the classroom and laboratory
- Evaluate student progress and modify delivery as appropriate to ensure student success
- Develop, implement, and review effective teaching and learning processes, incorporating appropriate methodology, technology, and other tools
- Remain current in technical discipline and update course content as appropriate
- Recruiting of new students
- Providing tours to potential students
- Assignment and posting of grades in an online Learning Management System(LMS)
- Performing other duties as assigned by the department chair
- Some travel may be required
- Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
- 3 to 5 Years of experience
- Executive Chef or Executive Pastry Chef experience preferred
- Must be a Certified Working Pastry Chef or Chef de Cuisine under the American Culinary Federation Certification Program or be able to certify within one year.
Annual Salary: DOE
Security Sensitive Position
To be considered for a position with Texas State Technical College (TSTC), you must apply using the online application at tstc.careers
Being on the Texas State Technical College (TSTC) team is more than a job; it’s the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those who come to TSTC! TSTC is in the business of success, and it takes a diverse team of dedicated, passionate and talented players working together to achieve goal after goal. Join our team and discover why TSTC is a great place to work.
Each talented team member plays a role in the magic that occurs when light bulbs go on, when potential is reached, and - ultimately - when lives are changed here at TSTC.
Texas State Technical College has rich diversity in our employees and our customers across its 10 locations that, together, gives us unique advantages as we serve a diverse State. Each TSTC team member possess unique skill, perspective and style. When our employees and our customers come together, TSTC changes lives. Come explore what unites us and makes us stronger.
Come find out more about what it means to be on the TSTC team and make some magic of your own. Check out our current job openings!
Role: Instructor - Culinary Arts (34911)
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.