JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of the company. Portrays a favorable image of the company at all times.
- Initiates Guest feedback to ensure their satisfaction (product quality, service, cleanliness).
- Analyzes Marketforce/Mystery Shop data, along with other Guest metrics, and creates effective action plans to improve food quality and teammates performance.
- Ensures BOH/HOH teammates are executing STAR Program with precision, including but not limited to, following Health Department guidelines, procedures, food/sanitary procedures, temperature controls, preparation/labeling/rotation/storage of food product and maintains the highest cleanliness standards.
- Highly proficient at completing inventory in an accurate and timely manner.
- Places food and supply orders based on accurate forecasting of Café needs.
- Creates an effective training implementation plan, using Company provided tools (i.e. Implementation Guides, videos, My Encore Academy, etc,) to ensure teammates are fully trained on recipe/menu implementations. The Culinary Manager conducts quality line checks at scheduled intervals to ensure presentation standards are fulfilled.
- Manages food cost variance by using the Top 5 Variance Action Plan on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of kitchen equipment. The Culinary Manager is accountable for proper usage of equipment and preserving its longevity.
- Maintains a highly organized kitchen at all times and checks quality standards to ensure freshness.
- Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training teammates, planning, scheduling, assigning, and directing work as needed.
- Coaches and mentors Teammates to ensure all standards, practices and job expectations are fulfilled according to his/her respective position.
- Models professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, hospitable and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages Excellence. Demonstrates respect and courtesy to all teammates.
- Occasionally assists with category job duties (bussing, serving, host, cook's line, etc), as needed. This type of work should not take more than 10% of the Culinary Manager's time. (All state and federal labor laws apply).
- Ensures the Manager's office is well organized and secured at all times.
- Ensures all teammates adhere to Company Cash Handling Procedures and assets are properly secured in safe.
- Thoroughly audits Associate Payroll in TMx and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Ensures all required files/documents are organized and sent in weekly package to Corporate.
- Manages day to day food, labor, paper and other controllable costs.
- Ensures OSHA requirements, health and safety codes, and company safety, sanitation, and security policies and procedures are met and followed by all Teammates.
- Enforces proper use and maintenance of restaurant facility and equipment. Also, he/she is responsible for proactively reporting all facility maintenance needs to his/her respective Manager.
- Ensures all Teammates comply with State/Federal liquor laws as it pertains to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with company Teammates and Managers (outside the Café) to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that is conducive to maximum morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
The Culinary Manager reports to a designated work location (Café) and is required to travel, on occasion, to other geographical areas to attend meetings, conferences, etc. The Culinary Manager's work hours range from early morning to late night shifts, as needed. Work days may range from 8-11+ hours per shift depending on Café needs. Scheduled shifts and days off may vary from week to week (including weekends). Culinary Managers are also required to work unscheduled shifts with little to no notice given.
KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution abilities
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, POS, etc…)
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal liquor laws
- Knowledge of all safety, sanitation and administrative procedures
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Exceptional team building capability
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Prior leadership experience preferred
· 2-3 years of prior management experience in a family or casual dining restaurant is preferred
· Must be 21 years of age
· Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
· Life Insurance
· Long & Short Term Disability
· Quarterly Bonus Structure
Mimi's is committed to principles of equal opportunity for all job applicants and Associates. The Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disability or known medical condition of an applicant or Associate, consistent with its legal obligations. The Company also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with any disabled applicant or Associate to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodation. Applicants and Associates are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek or occupy by contacting the Human Resources Department.
Mimi's creates a culture where Associates feel valued and their career goals can be achieved! We are committed to providing Associates with in-depth training and development programs at every level, throughout their careers as well as opportunities for growth.
Role: Culinary Manager
Apply for this job now.