Dcode was founded on the belief that technology can improve the way our government operates. Through our tech accelerator, government training courses, and more, we bring together a community of leaders across tech, government, industry, and venture capital to solve the government's most difficult problems.
Dcode is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Technology Scout & Innovation Manager to join our growing team and support Dcode's accelerators. In this role, you will work closely with the tech sector, venture capital, government agencies, and industry partners to lead the identification and recruitment of tech companies for our accelerator programs, as well as support tech scouting efforts in response to government needs.
Our ideal candidate will have some experience in sales and business development, as well as experience in the startup tech space, management consulting, investment banking or venture capital. We're looking for candidates with a sincere passion for the latest innovation, the startup community, and bringing emerging tech to the government. You'll also be a well-organized self-starter with superior analytical skills.
- Identify and research new markets and technologies
- Execute Dcode strategy to identify venture-backed technology companies for our accelerator programs and in response to government and industry partner requests
- Conduct business and technical due diligence to assess companies and their products for government use cases
- Stay current on tech industry trends that could impact the government
- Network with peers in government, venture capital firms, accelerators and corporations to understand macro trends in the tech industry
Sales & Business Development
- Identify emerging tech areas and target companies in the commercial sector that could support dual-use applications in government agencies
- Grow sales pipeline for Dcode's accelerator programs, including external outreach with prospective companies to evaluate product market fit
- Work closely with the rest of the tech scouting team to manage companies through the sales process and contract signing
- Work with Dcode's marketing team to connect with inbound leads and manage funnels
- Present and demonstrate the value of Dcode programs to tech company leadership and venture capital firms
- Build relationships and processes internally to Dcode to create a seamless customer experience for companies
- Manage deal flow for accelerators and enter deals into CRM
- Collect and track relevant data on all technologies scouted
- Identify opportunities to grow Dcode's business and drive new offerings for existing accounts
- Onboard and train interns
- Set expectations and key performance metrics for other staff members as relevant for your level
You'll learn something new every day in this role, and no two days will look exactly the same. We'll teach you the ropes but ideal candidates will have some skills in the following areas:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Passion and Curiosity: you love working with (and learning about) cutting edge technologies and care deeply about the impact they can have on making government programs more efficient and impactful
- Independent Performer: you “bring your own jet pack” to work with strong drive and high standards for execution and customer satisfaction
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: you are unafraid to offer suggestions, seek others' perspectives, and make improvements to processes to improve our business
- Fast-Paced Learner: ability to absorb large amounts of information quickly and make informed decisions based on current business needs
- Communication Skills: you have strong verbal and written communication skills and can confidently present ideas to stakeholders in professional settings
- Team Player: you are excited to collaborate with a diverse group of Dcoders to efficiently complete cross-functional initiatives
- Tech-Friendly: you are comfortable with or can quickly learn how to use current workplace technology and tools (Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Hubspot, Slack, etc)
- Experience in the commercial sector identifying emerging tech trends and the companies driving those changes
- Experience supporting a government agency's innovation / tech scouting hub across a broad range of tech topics
- Experience in a sales or business development environment
- Demonstrated ability to get up to speed quickly on emerging technology topics and nuances in a fast-paced environment
You'll love it here if you value a culture that is:
- Fast paced and exciting
- Diverse and inclusive
- Energetic and fun
- Transparent and supportive
- Mission-driven and collaborative
We look for resilient hustlers:
Our CEO busted her face on the balance beam in college and got back up… our CSO has knocked on a thousand doors… rejected 999 times and kept on knocking. What is your story? Please provide a few short sentences on your resilient hustler story.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Dcode believes in diversity as strength. We provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, or other.
Powered by JazzHR