Door and Glass Services Company based out of Tampa, FL is a specialty construction business which installs glass and related framing components in buildings. The employee is responsible for sales and fulfillment of the company's services though bidding on new construction work, securing contracts to perform that work, and overseeing the execution of contracted work.
- Minimum two years construction estimating experience
- Minimum two years experience in supervisory role overseeing construction work
- Excellent written communication skills
- Computer literacy
Compensation: $41,600 - $78,000 Base Salary, Solid Benefit Package, Take Home 30%
- Construction Estimating (35% of job)
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with wind and energy building codes.
- Confer with project participants to resolve details required to formulate a proposal.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Determine labor requirements for dispatching workers to construction sites.
- Prepare material, labor, and equipment cost estimates for performance of work.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, and cost tracking reports.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Project Management (50% of job)
- Prepare product submission documents for customer approval.
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Requisition supplies or materials to complete construction projects.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
- Implement new or modified plans in response to delays, bad weather, or construction site emergencies.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to representatives of the owner or developer, including administrative staff, workers, or clients.
- Oversee craft work.
- Direct and supervise construction or related workers.
- Performance Evaluation (15% of job)
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Develop or implement quality control programs.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Door and Glass Services Company is a specialty construction business which installs glass and related framing components in buildings. The employee is responsible for sales and fulfillment of the company's services though bidding on new construction work, securing contracts to perform that work, and overseeing the execution of contracted work.
Role: Estimator for Glass & Glazing
Apply for this job now.