FULL TIME SUPPORT WORKERS - Enright, Newark
Heathcotes Group are currently seeking Support Workers for our neighbouring 6 & 7 bed Residential services in Newark. Heathcotes Enright is a specialist residential service for adults with Asperges Syndrome, dual diagnoses and associated complex needs. This service has been designed exclusively for individuals who form part of the Transforming Care cohort and can be utilised as an intermediary between hospital and supported living.
The Role of a Support Worker:
- Encourage individuals to live a life that makes sense to them.
- Provide emotional support and encouragement where and when it is needed.
- Always using a person-centred approach.
- Monitoring & reporting changes in health, behaviour and needs to relevant professionals.
- Ensuring the home is organised according to the needs of the service users and that safety measures are in place, you may also be expected to assist with housework, shopping, laundry.
- Transporting individuals or escorting to medical or other appointments and social activities.
- Supporting those who need it with budgeting and money management.
- A compassionate and friendly can-do attitude.
- A willingness to work some evenings, weekends & bank holidays.
- Drivers preferred but not essential.
Shift Pattern: As a Support Worker you will be contracted to 32.67 hours per week and will work 2 shifts from 8:15am - 10:30pm followed by 4 days off
What we offer in return:
- Pay rate is between £8.20-£9.65 per hour dependant on qualifications/experience.
- Paid holidays & Paid enhanced DBS check.
- Pension scheme.
- 12-week induction programme working towards achieving the Care Certificate & ongoing training support.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
- Refer a friend scheme of £50 (ts&cs apply).
If you are looking for a long and rewarding career, where you can really make a difference to the lives of the people we support, and you feel that you have the right values, attitude, and experience for the role of Support Worker, then we are keen to hear from you!