Headquarted in Austin, TX with Sand Mines in Kermit & Monahans TX, Atlas Sand has the largest frac sand reserves in West Texas. We are proud of what we do state of the art manufacturing facilities, high quality product, an exceptional work culture and giving back to the community.
The Shift Supervisor is a member of the site leadership team providing oversight to all plant operations during their shift as well as performing operator, lab, and shipping duties and functions to support continuous plant operation, general maintenance and housekeeping duties to ensure a safe, clean, and orderly work environment.
- Manage heavy equipment operators, wet and dry plant operators, loaders, lab techs as well as any other members of the shift operations team.
- Train new hires on process and procedures
- Support troubleshooting of process and equipment issues. Ensures the correct qualified individuals are involved.
- Perform any operation duties to support continuous plant operation.
- Ensure all shift documentation is completed accurately, filed, and escalated as required. This includes equipment inspections, lab paperwork, inventory transactions, timesheets, and regulatory record requirements.
- Maintain inventories of consumable supplies including protective equipment, lab materials, cleaning supplies, and tools.
- Perform any job-related duties assigned by the production superintendent.
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least 2 years supervisory experience
- Experience in sand processing facility or experience in other mining or bulk material handling
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Data entry skills
- Leadership, supervision and coaching skills
- Good people skills, problem-solving abilities, empathy for others and a willingness to work together toward the common good.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and Basic math skills
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, sit and climb or balance
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Capable of working a rotating shift; 14 days on, 7 days off. You will rotate between days and nights and work 12 1/2 hour shifts
- Room and board provided at or near the location of the job
- Must be able to tolerate working conditions associated with no air conditioning or heat
Role: Shift Supervisor
Apply for this job now.