We are looking for a Quality Engineers to support our various travel assigments with OEMs and suppliers in the U.S.
This position is primarily responsible for coordinating and managing quality systems for components received from supplier, developing, approving, and maintaining supplier's quality and production systems to ensure purchased parts meet product specifications. This position is also an integral part of new product launches including both supplier and parts development for manufacturing.
- Enforces quality planning activities such as: PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP development and adherence.
- Executes the process series as scheduled.
- Manages Part approval process and/or ISIR (Initial Sample Inspection Report) releases for assigned products.
- Executes product and process audits due to occurred errors and supplier rating results and initiates counteractions and counteraction verification.
- Leads quality problem solving process for supplier related issues.
- Audits the quality management system at the supplier location(s).
- Validates start up ability for new parts/processes.
- Ensure that the product is built in accordance with OEM standards while maintaining industrial processes, materials and production flow.
- Identify and report quality problems with the leadership group to provide resolution.
- Implement and enforce corrective action to quality problems in the assigned area, with the aid of other departments
- Review all documentation related to product quality in the assigned area, such as test procedures and operation sheets and approves as appropriate to ensure product quality.
- Execute containment activities.
- Writes and/or assists cross functional teams with quality plan, procedures, PFMEA’s, control plans, etc.
- Defines, develops and maintains whether the incoming inspection is required on incoming materials. Creates and maintains incoming inspection work instructions.
- Evaluates and transacts nonconforming material and initiates supplier containment and corrective actions. Documents quality issues and trends/establishes prioritized improvements and best business practices.
- Identifies and reports quality problems or trends in the assigned area or product based on data from a variety of sources which includes work with the leadership group to provide resolution.
Required Education and Skills:
- BS degree in Engineering or related field, or 4 years of professional quality process/components experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- MUST be a proven problem solver
- MUST have metals experience (stamping, welding, etc.)
- Experience in advanced quality planning techniques including PFMEA, control planning, process flow diagramming, process auditing techniques, and PPAP
- Experience in advanced statistical techniques such as capability and standard deviation studies to calculate process variation
- Experience with MS Word, Access, Excel, etc.
- Welding, Supplier Quality, Tool & Die, Mechatronics, Eletrical
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are offering these positions to work with a professional and motivated team. The roles are demanding with job variation and there is great potential to develop yourself further. A competitive compensation package with benefits will be provided for the candidate with the required skills. If you feel you have the skills we are looking for and wish to apply for these positions, please forward your resume for consideration.
Formel D is the global service provider of the automotive industry. We develop market-leading concepts as well as individual, scalable solutions along the entire automotive value chain - from development to production to aftersales.
The company was founded in 1993 at its headquarters in Troisdorf near Cologne. Today we employ over 6000 people from 45 nations in more than 80 locations in 19 countries. Passion drives us, professionalism makes us stand out and team spirit makes us successful. We work at the core of the industry that moves us every day.
Role: Automotive Engineer
Apply for this job now.